Review of Mumbo Jumbo... I Love You

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Emmanuel Asamoah 5
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 142
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-asamoah-5.html
Latest Review: Sent to Watch by David J. Lebenstein
fav_author_id: 248825
2024 Reading Goal: 300
2024 Goal Completion: 47%

Review of Mumbo Jumbo... I Love You

Post by Emmanuel Asamoah 5 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Mumbo Jumbo... I Love You" by kewayne Wadley.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"Mumbo Jumbo... I Love You" by Kewayne Wadley is a heartfelt anthology of poems that delve into the complexities of love, desire, and the human experience. Through vivid imagery and evocative language, Wadley takes readers on a journey through the ups and downs of romantic relationships, capturing the essence of what it means to love and be loved.

The poems in this collection are organized in a unique and engaging way, presented as a movie theater showtimes list, with each poem serving as a "movie" that explores a different facet of love and relationships. This creative structure adds an element of intrigue and anticipation, inviting readers to embark on a cinematic journey through the author's emotional landscape.

Wadley's writing style is both sensual and introspective, with a keen eye for detail that brings each poem to life. From the tender moments of intimacy in "Shower with Me" to the yearning desire in "Chocolate Patisserie," the author's words paint a vivid picture of the joys and challenges of love. The poems are infused with a sense of vulnerability and honesty, allowing readers to connect with the author's experiences on a deeply personal level.

Throughout the collection, Wadley explores themes of longing, passion, and the transformative power of love. Poems like "Next Flight" and "Joy Ride" celebrate the exhilaration of new love, while others, such as "Blankets in the Cupboard" and "Soap in the Eyes," delve into the more complex and sometimes painful aspects of relationships. The author's ability to capture both the highs and lows of love is a testament to their skill as a poet and their deep understanding of the human heart.

The editing of the collection is impeccable, with no noticeable errors in grammar or punctuation. The clean and polished presentation allows readers to fully immerse themselves in the poetry without any distractions.

I rate "Mumbo Jumbo... I Love You" 5 out of 5 stars for its emotionally resonant poems, creative structure, and engaging writing style. Kewayne Wadley has crafted a collection that is both intimate and universal, speaking to the experiences of anyone who has ever loved or been loved.

This collection is a must-read for fans of contemporary poetry and anyone who appreciates the beauty and complexity of human relationships. Wadley's poems are a reminder of the power of love to transform, inspire, and heal, making "Mumbo Jumbo... I Love You" a timeless and meaningful addition to any poetry lover's library.

Mumbo Jumbo... I Love You
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
“There is beauty in our unity no matter how harsh that war is, and no matter the result or winner. There is beauty even in losing if we do it together."
Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Alissa Nesson
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alissa-nesson.html
Latest Review: Silent Voices by Marilyn Thompson

Post by Alissa Nesson »

What a great review! Thank you! It sounds like an emotional journey through the timeline of relationships. Perhaps it hits on all the usual hills and hurdles we find there. Your review was intriguing!
“Our lives become the stories that we weave.”
- Once On This Island
Elizabeth-Tush4Christ
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Photofinish
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elizabeth-tush4christ.html
Latest Review: The Mission by Tara Basi
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 43%

Post by Elizabeth-Tush4Christ »

When a poem about love captures your attention, it's a testament to the writer's intentionality and skill in crafting meaningful verses. Personally, I don't find myself drawn to poetry often, but when a review highlights a particular poem as exceptional, it piques my curiosity. In this case, the emphasis on the author's impeccable writing skills and their exploration of the theme of love adds an intriguing layer to my interest.

Reading this review has provided me with a clearer understanding of what the author aims to convey through their poetry, and I appreciate the insights shared here.

As someone who values meaningful literature, I believe that adding this book to my collection will not only enrich my reading experience but also provide me with an opportunity to explore a genre I don't often delve into. Thank you for taking the time to craft such a thoughtful review; it has certainly persuaded me to give this book a chance.
That I may know Him :arrow: Philippians 3:10

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”