Review of Sent to Watch

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Malachi Chukwuebuka Nelson
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malachi-chukwuebuka-nelson.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Review of Sent to Watch

Post by Malachi Chukwuebuka Nelson »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Sent to Watch" by David J. Lebenstein.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"Sent to Watch" by David J. Lebenstein is a historical science fiction book that takes place in the first years after the War of the Napoleons. The intrigue of aliens and the rich history of Earth are met here with a unique and intriguing combination. The storyline centers around aliens secretly sent to Earth to collect data on certain countries, where they are to view the development of world culture and technology over time, and so they are presented from an unusual viewpoint in the midst of an intricate story line.

The accuracy of historical events presented by the writer is an exceptional feature, for he takes the readers right into the complicated post-Napoleonic events. The book presents different periods, with, for example, Wellington coming to the front and the Catholic group being on the offensive. There are also politics in the regency of George IV. The writer incorporates the lives of the poor and the rich during this era and a richly appreciated historical setting, which are seen through the acts of the Prince, Princess, and other royal family members.

The teaching quality of the novel reddens in scope into Earth's history up and to the plural aspects such as American history, the classic music, and the 19th-century movement to liberate the German-speaking world. The addition of physics mentioned in the story shows that the author is capable of performing calculations for spacecraft acceleration and the speed of moving the spacecraft, which thus adds a realistic dimension to the story. I found the story to be very much worth reading.

But these thumping pages are slow, and they are made for the preparation of readers in the Confederation. The glossary is something that involves navigating the double identities of the characters. Explicit content is lacking; hence, the novel remains an ultimate choice for readers in search of a good story without explicit relationship scenes. I found it difficult to navigate through this book because there was no table of contents. I had to scroll to where I last stopped. Also, some parts of this book were boring. The font of the book was also too small for me.

I rate this book 4 out of 5 stars. I had to remove a star because of the difficulty I had in reading this book. If you're a fan of historical fiction and sci-fi, please feel welcome to pick this up. It is devoted to individuals who have a thirst for knowledge, and it merges science fiction with a telescopic universe and thrilling expeditions into space. I found no errors in this book. This book was perfectly well edited.

Sent to Watch
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amanda Kenneth
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-kenneth.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Amanda Kenneth »

"Sent to Watch" by David J. Lebenstein is a historical science fiction novel set in the aftermath of the Napoleonic Wars, blending aliens, Earth's history, and intricate storytelling.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”