Review of Teen Life Skills

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jennifer Cowhig
Favorite Author: John Green
Favorite Book: Looking for Alaska
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-cowhig.html
Latest Review: The Covid Murders by Greg Vigdor
Reading Device: B0775717ZP
fav_author_id: 2072

Review of Teen Life Skills

Post by Jennifer Cowhig »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Teen Life Skills" by Florance Philip.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Teen Life Skills by Florence Philip is a self-help guide for adolescents written by a concerned mom. Schools do not teach all the necessary life skills needed for success as adults. While education is important, many vital skills are learned outside the classroom. This book focuses on other skill sets, such as how to prioritize, effectively manage time, and recognize toxic people.

There are many things I love about the book. I love how clearly the author explains things and defines terms. I like that the book includes interactive activities. I also love how comprehensive the book is and the fact that the author includes simple recipes. I even learned something, and I'm 23! While I was familiar with much of the book's content, I found it to be a useful refresher, particularly the job skills. This is a book I wish I had when I was younger.

There were very few things that I would change about this book if I were the author. While it was well-edited and had excellent content, it could still be improved. The one big thing I would change is to only ask for feedback at the end of the book. The book currently asks for feedback twice, which is repetitive and makes the author seem desperate for reviews. While reviews are important for marketing, you want them to be genuine and complete. While I like the fact that the author interacts with the reader in this way, having it twice is redundant and a bit annoying. However, this doesn't take away from how much I enjoyed the book.

I give this book five out of five stars! This book is easy to understand and includes many helpful tips. I recommend this book to young teens, as it was written for them. They want to start good habits early. While some of this content would be relevant to older teens and college-aged young adults, I think this book would be best served in the hands of those starting high school.

Teen Life Skills
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”