Review of Niching Up

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nemanja Jankovic
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 554
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nemanja-jankovic.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Review of Niching Up

Post by Nemanja Jankovic »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Niching Up" by Chris Dreyer.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Chris Dreyer has written an excellent book titled Niching Up: The Narrower the Market, the Bigger the Prize. Using his example and in an argumentative manner, the author supports a business approach in which individuals choose only one specialization to become impeccable professionals. Although this approach appears unreasonable at first glance because it eliminates many potential business opportunities and money, the author dispels this prejudice with arguments, highlighting the benefits that niches provide, such as the ability to charge premium prices and easier conversion of prospects to clients.

The author is the owner of a very successful SEO business that specializes in personal injury attorneys, and he gained business recognition through using the niching-up approach. The author's writing is straightforward and easy to understand throughout the book. As a result, the author appears sincere, and readers will learn some information about his life, such as the fact that he was a promising poker player. In addition, the author conducted an objective analysis of the niche's most common cons.

There was a lot that I liked about the book. I loved how the author mentioned that niching requires mostly relationship building. I also appreciated how it was mentioned that acquiring a lot of experience in the sector or market is critical and should be done before focusing on a niche. The author also discussed the well-known "10,000 Hour Rule" in the book, which typically occurs before someone becomes an expert in a certain field of work. The book's pages will teach readers how to distinguish between perceived expertise and actual expertise. I particularly enjoyed the section of the book that discussed premium pricing. In this chapter, the author presented some valuable techniques for achieving the highest possible price, one of which I particularly enjoyed evaluating what the market will support the most. I especially enjoy how, despite his huge business accomplishments and millions earned, the author emphasizes the significance of building trust with clients. It was interesting to learn about how referral opportunities benefit three people. I also appreciated how the author pointed out in the book that becoming more efficient allows us to reduce the cost of doing business. I like how the book is organized since proper organization makes it easier to read and more rational for the practical application of what is learned. Additionally, the book is professionally edited.

The one thing I didn't enjoy about the book was the excessive amount of profanities, that felt unnecessary.

The book is interesting, well-written, and well-organized, and the subject matter is highly interesting. The author wrote the book based on extensive personal experience, which I truly appreciate. That is why I decided to rate the book 5 out of 5 stars.

I recommend the book to sales and sales management enthusiasts, as well as entrepreneurs and small business owners.

Niching Up
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”