Review of Reconfigurement

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chinazo Anozie
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 314
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinazo-anozie.html
Latest Review: Overcoming Anxiety and Depression by Lillyin Love

Review of Reconfigurement

Post by Chinazo Anozie »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Reconfigurement" by E. Alan Fleischauer.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

It’s never too early to start planning for retirement. E. Alan Fleischauer agrees with this sentiment in his book Reconfigurement. This book talks about the importance of planning your life, financially and otherwise, for its different stages. The author created a program in this book to help to plan for retirement. He notes that people view retirement differently; some even refer to it as a late-life crisis. Fleischauer points out that the most vital aspect to consider when planning for retirement is income; it’s your most valuable asset. He advises that to protect this asset, it is crucial to use an income protection plan in case you get injured or disabled. He also talked about career assessment; you can’t make enough income if you don’t find a career you’re passionate about. Therefore, it is vital to improve yourself to improve your income. He also provides examples of online career aptitude tests that can help to find the perfect career.

I liked that the book was not just limited to finances. The author touched on many other topics, such as the importance of insurance (life, health, etc.) and reducing stress, which can help with reconfiguring your life. I also liked that he provided references for further reading and emphasized the importance of talking to experts, such as lawyers and accountants, regarding some of the topics treated in his book. Most of all, I enjoyed the jokes included in the book. Though this book is about serious (and, let’s face it, boring) topics like finances and retirement, Fleischauer made it fun and easily digestible through his jokes. I even kept looking forward to the next one in each chapter!

The only issue I have with this book is that most of its contents and advice only apply to the US; for example, 401k does not apply to jurisdictions outside the US, making it impracticable. However, this did not greatly impact my enjoyment of the book because I still learned a lot. As a result, I’ll rate it 5 out of 5 stars.

Reconfigurement
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”