Review of Beyond the Building

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sean Patrick Tracy
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sean-patrick-tracy.html
Latest Review: From GED to PhD by Barbara Crump

Review of Beyond the Building

Post by Sean Patrick Tracy »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Beyond the Building" by Rob Finlay.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The introduction of "Beyond the Building" immediately grabbed my attention. The author's statement about working hard despite having real estate in his blood resonated deeply. Right then, I knew this book was for me. By the time I finished reading, I could confidently say there wasn't a single aspect I disliked. Rob Finlay's core message in "Beyond the Building" centers on the importance of foresight. He highlights how many real estate businesses blindly apply established methods without questioning their relevance in today's market.

True to form, Rob Finlay surpasses expectations. With a deep understanding of the real estate industry, he leaves no stone unturned. He exposes the ineffectiveness of outdated strategies and emphasizes the need to embrace innovation for survival in the current competitive market. The inclusion of real-life examples throughout the book is another strength. For instance, his discussion of Max Bresner, COO of BLDG Management and BMC Investments, perfectly illustrates the advantages of a smaller company structure.

My favorite section of the book is titled "The Name of the Game is Differentiation." Here, Rob dives deep into the concept of observing other businesses and strategically applying those insights to differentiate your own company. But his guidance doesn't stop there. He also provides valuable best practices specifically tailored for commercial real estate owners. This book practically helps you plan your business. Rob doesn't just identify problems like outdated methods, lack of foresight, and resistance to change. He also proposes solutions to tackle these challenges and offers invaluable advice applicable not just to real estate but to any business.

"Beyond the Building" is meticulously edited and free of grammatical errors. It provides a clear roadmap for building a future-proof real estate firm, packed with practical strategies and real-world examples. For these reasons, I wholeheartedly award it 5 out of 5 stars. If you're in the commercial real estate business and ready to embrace radical business growth, this book is a must-read.

Beyond the Building
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Dani Elle Ele
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dani-elle-ele.html
Latest Review: It Was What It Was by Daniel Pace

Post by Dani Elle Ele »

I loved how you stated you liked for this book. I definitely will be grabbing a copy of this
williams Emerald
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: The Cackling of the Crows
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-emerald.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Post by williams Emerald »

It’s impressive to hear that “Beyond the Building” offers practical strategies and solutions to common challenges faced by commercial real estate owners. A book that not only identifies problems but also provides actionable advice is invaluable for those looking to thrive in the industry. Good work!
obinna Sharon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obinna-sharon.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul

Post by obinna Sharon »

This book sounds interesting. The plot of the book seems great. I'm looking forward to reading this book. Nice review.
Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aremu-titilopemi-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: The Aspen Tree by Bart LaRocca

Post by Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo »

Wow, I'll love to go into real estate in the future, hence I need to read this book. Nice review by the way.
Mark Maxwell 2
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mark-maxwell-2.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Mark Maxwell 2 »

Rob Finlay's insightful exploration of the real estate market challenges conventional wisdom, urging businesses to adapt and innovate to thrive in today's competitive landscape, supported by compelling real-life examples like Max Bresner's experiences.
Alexander Victoria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexander-victoria.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Alexander Victoria »

"Beyond the Building" captivated me from the very beginning with its relatable and engaging introduction. Rob Finlay's emphasis on the significance of foresight resonated deeply, urging readers to question traditional methods and embrace innovation in the real estate industry. Overall, I found every aspect of the book compelling and thought-provoking, making it a must-read for anyone in the field.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”