Review of The Unbound Soul

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Miracle Kingss
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: EMA
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miracle-kingss.html
Latest Review: Relish Your Retirement by Florance Philip

Review of The Unbound Soul

Post by Miracle Kingss »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Unbound Soul" by Richard L. Haight.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The nonfiction book The Unbound Soul: A Visionary Guide to Spiritual Transformation and Enlightenment by Richard L. Haight describes the author's life experiences, which began in childhood and influenced both his spiritual preferences and his overall philosophy, with an emphasis on spiritual transformation. 

At the early age of eight, Richard had a dream about Jesus, which would mark the beginning of his search for clarification concerning spirituality. His recovery from depression and potential self-harm during his formative years is a great motivation to any reader or listener that there are better days ahead once we set our minds to do and be better. In his quest to unlock spiritual mysteries, he traveled to different places, one of those being Japan, where he learned a lot of new things, one of them being martial arts.

My review copy is an audiobook, so listening to Richard's voice as he recounts his journey of self-discovery left me in awe. I found myself pausing at some points to reflect and ponder on his experiences and teachings. I learned a lot of new things and would still learn more, as I plan to listen to it another time so that I can fully tap into his teachings, especially that on meditation. Another thing I loved about the book is how the author spoke of his spiritual inclinations without condemning others or giving him an air of superiority. The author has an expressive way of telling stories, especially those of his childhood, that made me laugh out loud while listening.

His view on reincarnation is the only thing I didn't agree on, as it clashes with my own personal religious beliefs. Besides this, I find this book to be one of the best self-help books you can find. 

I rate it 5 out of 5 stars. The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight contains a wealth of first-hand knowledge of a man who has truly learned what peace and freedom truly are. Anyone who is receptive to new ideas and appreciates self-help literature should read it, in my opinion.

The Unbound Soul
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Jennifer Coxon
Currently Reading: Cancer, Faith & Butterflies
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-coxon.html
Latest Review: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary by David Richards
2024 Reading Goal: 15
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Jennifer Coxon »

Thank you for your thoughtful review. I’m not great with self help books myself and I don’t know if audio would help with that or not. However, it sounds like the author has a welcoming and embracing tone in this book, rather than one of superiority, which is definitely a positive.
Julie Basil
Favorite Book: The Little Prince
Currently Reading: Launchpad Republic
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-basil.html
Latest Review: Voices from a Forgotten Letter by Seif-Eldeine
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Julie Basil »

I think that audiobook experiences are always enhanced when the book is being read by the author, particularly when the author shares personal anecdotes in their writing. This sounds like an interesting read!
"It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what's essential is invisible to the eye." ~ Antoine St. Exupery

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”