Review of Alpha Buddies Land

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Risper Ouma Anyango
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-risper-ouma-anyango.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Review of Alpha Buddies Land

Post by Risper Ouma Anyango »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Alpha Buddies Land" by Donna Marie Rink.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Everybody knows that the letters of the alphabet are just letters used to create words, but what if there was more to them than just being letters? What if they could actually be brought to life? What if they had personalities and even had friends?

In the children's book Alpha Buddies Land written by Donna Marie Rink, the author brings to life all the letters of the alphabet. She gives each one of them a name and states what it is doing. For example, she says that letter O, who is named Olivia, is playing with her octopus. Additionally, this book is a picture book, so every letter is beautifully drawn performing different activities or doing something with their friends.

This was a short, colorful, and very wonderful book that left me smiling. The pictures were beautiful and they showed the alphabetical letters doing different things. I found this very beautiful and enjoyable at the same time. I actually never imagined myself reading a book full of alphabetical letters doing different things.

The author's creativity is also commendable. It's amazing how she named each alphabetical letter and also named their friends. For example, letter T is called Tommy and he has two tiger pets called Tyler and Tara.

There was nothing I disliked about this book since it had beautiful illustrations, and the creativity of the author is something I hadn't even imagined possible. For the reasons stated above, I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. This book seems to have been well edited since I didn't encounter any errors while reading it.

I recommend this book to children who are interested in learning the alphabet and having fun while doing so. People who are interested in creative and simple picture books will also have fun reading this book because of the pictures used in the book.

Alpha Buddies Land
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Runan
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-runan.html
Latest Review: A World Diverse III by David Edmond
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 160%

Post by Runan »

I have reviewed this book before. I agree with the points you have highlighted about this book in your review. This picture book is a fun way to get toddlers to learn the alphabet. Great job on the review!
Runan
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: Winning at Leading Women In Leadership by Ronica Watkins, PhD

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

I agree with you that this book is very creative, colorful, and the author crafts the story and lessons about the alphabet in this book well. The book's explanations are simple, suitable for children, and I agree with you about recommending this book as a resource for children who are just learning the alphabet. Thank you for writing this review.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Jenna Padayachee
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Kybalion
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenna-padayachee.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross
Signature Addition: Jenna Padayachee

Post by Jenna Padayachee »

A creative approach in getting one to enhage with the Alphabets. Thank you for your review and congratulations to the author in "bringing life" to the alphabet!
This is a unique approach of learning about them compared to popular and traditional methods.
"Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power." Lao Tzu
Jenna Padayachee

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”