Review of My Trip To Adele

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anozie Stephanie
Currently Reading: Summer's Promise
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anozie-stephanie.html
Latest Review: life.............connected by jacksel

Review of My Trip To Adele

Post by Anozie Stephanie »

[Following is a volunteer review of "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The authors R.I. Alyaseer and A.I. Alyaseer are lovers of Adele songs, and in their book My Trip to Adele, they wrote about the love stories of strangers and couples who are also lovers of Adele. The book's inspiration was Adele's album, 25.

Elias had an encounter with a girl named Malika, and although her mother put her up to be slept with by strangers, Elias wasn't triggered to do so but to have a conversation with her. Her inability to speak English and Elias promise to educate her on the English language is what kept them close together; unfortunately, due to some circumstances, Elias was to leave and promised to see her at Adele's next concert.

Yaser and Mariam have been married for some years with children and try to find fun in their marriage life. To that effect, they go to Dr. Brown's clinic in search of a solution to their marriage life. Nadia was another woman in this story who stopped believing in love due to her ex-husband's attitude towards her as he was not faithful to her, and she has been trying severely to get custody of her son as she hasn't been getting enough time with him.

Will Elias meet Malika at the Adele concert, will Yaser find the missing piece in his marriage with Mariam, or will Nadia have the chance to have that special time and bond with her son? All this will be known when you pick up a copy of this book to read.

I love that I learned some things, like the difference between a paid dowry and a deferred dowry, and also the inclusion of Adele's lovely songs in the book; it made me sing along to the lyrics that were written. I disliked the consistent switching of the three different love stories in this book; it was a lot confusing to me. This made it difficult for me to flow with the book storyline.

I would recommend this book to Adele lovers, as her songs are used in each chapter, and it sounds pleasing to read the story that includes her songs. My rating for this book is 5 out of 5 stars, as my dislike isn't enough to deduct a star. I also enjoyed the storylines the authors used, from the way they described the locations in the book to how detailed the professions of characters were written clearly for our understanding.

My Trip To Adele
View: on Bookshelves
Opeyemi Ajiboye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-opeyemi-ajiboye.html
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey

Post by Opeyemi Ajiboye »

Different couples, different stories about their strength of their love affair. One thing that I love about this was their love for Adele as I am also a fan of hers. A truly recommendable book this is.
Ezeani Emmanuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ezeani-emmanuel.html
Latest Review: Clifford's War by J Denison Reed

Post by Ezeani Emmanuel »

Having faith in seeing someone that you have no contact with is what caught my attention, how Malika had the courage that she will certainly meet Elias in Adele's concert.
Jason Ortega 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jason-ortega-1.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Jason Ortega 1 »

Yaser and Mariam story in this review is eye catching as I know love as a decision, and if they truly love one another there would not be the need of trying to impress people.
Anozie Stephanie
Currently Reading: Summer's Promise
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anozie-stephanie.html
Latest Review: life.............connected by jacksel

Post by Anozie Stephanie »

Ezeani Emmanuel wrote: 27 Apr 2024, 02:43 Having faith in seeing someone that you have no contact with is what caught my attention, how Malika had the courage that she will certainly meet Elias in Adele's concert.
It's the belief.
Opeyemi Ajiboye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-opeyemi-ajiboye.html

Post by Opeyemi Ajiboye »

I understand Nadia's pain in not submitting to love. I can say she was hurt by her husband a lot of times that made her to come to those conclusions.
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: Winning at Leading Women In Leadership by Ronica Watkins, PhD

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

I've also read this book. I agree with you about how the book teaches a lot of new things, especially about Moroccan culture and some aspects of Islam. I can also relate to you regarding the switching between the 3 stories, which sometimes isn't consistent. Thank you for writing this review, what a great review.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”