Review of Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape)

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Cristiano Bellucci
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristiano-bellucci.html
Latest Review: The Aspen Tree by Bart LaRocca
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 480%

Review of Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape)

Post by Cristiano Bellucci »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape)" by Steve William Laible.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape)" by Steve William Laible is a children's book that captivates young readers with the adventurous tale of Billy Jack's escape. Billy Jack, a spirited protagonist, is on a mission to stay awake and explore the world, leading to a series of challenges.

The heart of the tale is Billy Jack's resilience while facing obstacles. As he navigates his adventure, readers witness his clever problem-solving skills and positive attitude, learning valuable lessons about perseverance and adaptability. Billy Jack's journey serves as an inspiring example for young readers, encouraging them to embrace challenges with confidence and determination.

One of the book's standout features is its integration of moral lessons within the narrative. Through Billy Jack's experiences, children learn the importance of accepting both successes and setbacks, understanding that life is filled with unexpected twists. Laible delivers a story that entertains while instilling essential values and life lessons.

Laible's writing is both well-crafted and professionally edited. I enjoy that the narrative flows smoothly, keeping readers engaged from start to finish. What I love the most are the lessons that children can learn from Billy Jack's story. The protagonist is smart enough to understand that not everything can go well. He learns from the losses and focuses on the victories. Billy Jack realizes that, despite the best plans, something may happen, and he has to deal with unintended consequences. I like to see how the author can tell a story and discuss the lessons in a way that young readers can absorb and learn from. Children can appreciate taking some risks, face their consequences, and be happy to live a full life. I do not find anything negative in this book. Summarizing all of the above, I rate "Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape)" by Steve William Laible 5 out of 5 stars.

In conclusion, I recommend "Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape)" to children eager for an adventure with meaningful takeaways. Laible's tale inspires readers to embrace challenges, learn from their experiences, and approach life with courage and resilience.

Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape)
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Book allow you to fully explore a topic and immerse yourself in a deeper way than most media today. Mark Zuckerberg.
RJ Reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rj-reviews.html
Latest Review: Jirvania by Jan Anderegg
Reading Device: 1400697484
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 91%

Post by RJ Reviews »

This book was truly hilarious. And educational. The author did an amazing job of combining humor with education. I agree with you, the author's writing style is captivating. Your review captures the essence of the book perfectly. It gives much insight into Billy's hilarious misadventure. Thank you.
"The gods grow jealous of too much contentment anywhere, and they show their displeasure all of a sudden.” - R. K. Narayan, Maldudi Days
Jennifer Coxon
Currently Reading: Cancer, Faith & Butterflies
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-coxon.html
Latest Review: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary by David Richards
2024 Reading Goal: 15
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Jennifer Coxon »

Thank you for your thoughtful and insightful review. This sounds like a very interesting and education story about childhood perceptions and behaviours. I think even as an adult it would be fun to read this book - my husband would likely be reminiscing at some of the content.
Gerry Steen
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 174
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: Do You Really Want To Know? by Kate Fraser

Post by Gerry Steen »

Billy Jack is like one of my grandsons. He has FOMO and will fight the body's need to sleep so that he doesn't miss anything. He has such an active mind. I think the author has found a real niche in writng children's books that center around the issue of bedtime and sleep. I like how this story teaches children valuable lessons through the experiences of Billy Jack. Billy Jack is a mentor of sorts. If a child learns to embrace challenges with confidence and determination, all will be good. Thank you for this great review. :techie-studyinggray:
Cristiano Bellucci
Currently Reading:

RJ Reviews wrote: 14 Apr 2024, 21:50 This book was truly hilarious. And educational. The author did an amazing job of combining humor with education. I agree with you, the author's writing style is captivating. Your review captures the essence of the book perfectly. It gives much insight into Billy's hilarious misadventure. Thank you.
Thank you very much, RJ, for your comment. I am glad we think the same of this book. The author gave us this wonderful mix of humour and education. Cheers
Book allow you to fully explore a topic and immerse yourself in a deeper way than most media today. Mark Zuckerberg.
Cristiano Bellucci
Currently Reading:

Jennifer Coxon wrote: 17 Apr 2024, 12:05 Thank you for your thoughtful and insightful review. This sounds like a very interesting and education story about childhood perceptions and behaviours. I think even as an adult it would be fun to read this book - my husband would likely be reminiscing at some of the content.
Thank you for your comment, Jennifer. It is that cheeky educational book that kids love to read. And we as adult, we love to think of ourselves in the past :)
Cristiano Bellucci
Currently Reading:

Gerry Steen wrote: 17 Apr 2024, 14:46 Billy Jack is like one of my grandsons. He has FOMO and will fight the body's need to sleep so that he doesn't miss anything. He has such an active mind. I think the author has found a real niche in writng children's books that center around the issue of bedtime and sleep. I like how this story teaches children valuable lessons through the experiences of Billy Jack. Billy Jack is a mentor of sorts. If a child learns to embrace challenges with confidence and determination, all will be good. Thank you for this great review. :techie-studyinggray:
Thank you very much, Gerry. In this way, we know a bit more about each other. My son is more prudent. I guess rules are quite strong here. Therefore, I like to take inspiration from such books. At the end of the day, what is the worst that can happen? Some dirty trousers? For sure, you have fun and maybe lessons to remember :) :mrgreen:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”