Review of Alpha Buddies Land

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priya-murugesan.html
Latest Review: Beating Death (resubmission) by Sean O’Banion

Review of Alpha Buddies Land

Post by Priya Murugesan »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Alpha Buddies Land" by Donna Marie Rink.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

This vibrant picture book introduces us to the mesmerizing 'Alpha Buddies Land'. It is a magical place at the end of the rainbow, where we can meet the award-winning 'Alpha Buddies'. These cute and dazzling characters bring the alphabet to life. The book befriends the readers and takes them on an exciting journey to the land of the alphabet.

This book is meant for young kids to educate them about the alphabet and enrich their vocabulary. But the book's charm captivates adults and children alike. 

The very first thing that attracted me was the spectacular book cover. It shows the three alpha buddies A, B, and C holding hands and smiling. The glowing sun, the vivid rainbow, and the gorgeous castle add dashing energy to the cover. Each letter from 'A' to 'Z' is personified and given a name that starts with the same letter. For example, A is named Alpha, B is named Buddy, C is named Cutie Pie, and so on. Each character is well-drawn and has a distinctive personality. The names are unique and funny.

Two pages are devoted to each alpha buddy. One page shows a short sentence that introduces the buddy. Many words in that sentence start with the corresponding letter. This lets the kid learn the letter and the related words. You can see the cartoon illustration for that sentence on the other page. For example, alpha buddy Eli is introduced by the sentence "Easygoing Eli E is exercising while looking for his pet elephants Emily and baby Emma." The cartoon shows Eli exercising while mommy elephant Emily and baby elephant Emma are behind him. All three look happy and cheerful.

The most important thing in children's books is the illustration. So when I opened the book, I had great expectations. And the book didn't disappoint me. The cartoons are super cute, colorful, and pleasing to our eyes. Even I fell in love with them. So it is obvious that kids will have a great time with their alpha buddies. Each illustration is different and depicts interesting environments like volcanoes, oceans, waterfalls, castles, etc. This aids in keeping the children engaged. This is a fun and exciting way for kids to learn the alphabet. The book not only introduces letters but also small words and sentences. They learn various color names and object names. It also shows various activities like singing, playing, and ice skating. As the kids connect the words with the pictures, the meaning of the words will be imprinted in their minds.

The book instills the values of friendship in the children. Children can associate with their buddies using their name's first letter. Kids can also relate to their buddy's color or activities. For example, a kid whose first letter is H might connect to the 'Happy Hannah' buddy. Or a kid who likes magic might ally with 'Magic Milo' buddy.

The book will be a sure winner among kids and parents. They will adore the magical land, and alpha buddies will become their buddies. To make the book more engaging, interesting interactive elements like popups, small puzzles, or touch-and-feel methods can be added. The fact that this book is part of a series is awesome. I am very eager to read all eight books. 

The editing is exceptional, and I didn't notice any typographical errors. As I have no issues with the book, I rate it 5 out of 5.

I highly recommend this book for young kids. 

Alpha Buddies Land
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
In a world where you can be anything, be kind :)
Julie Basil
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Little Prince
Currently Reading: Circe
Bookshelf Size: 205
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-basil.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Julie Basil »

This sounds like a book that is great for both introducing children to the alphabet and helping them to practice the alphabet. I'm sure the illustrations would help to keep a young child engaged. Keep up the good work!
"It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what's essential is invisible to the eye." ~ Antoine St. Exupery
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:

Yes. The book is really great. Thanks for reading my review!
Anaïs Quesson
Favorite Book: The Song of Achilles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 174
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ana-s-quesson.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by Anaïs Quesson »

I also thought that this book is an amazing tool to teach young children the alphabet. Thank you for this compelling and insightful review, Priya! I enjoyed how you particularly focused on the illustrations, because they're essential aspects of young kids' experience (ie when they don't know how to read).
Anaïs - she/her

"No nightingales. You idiot. We could have been... us."
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:

Anaïs Quesson wrote: 17 Apr 2024, 03:29 I also thought that this book is an amazing tool to teach young children the alphabet. Thank you for this compelling and insightful review, Priya! I enjoyed how you particularly focused on the illustrations, because they're essential aspects of young kids' experience (ie when they don't know how to read).
Thanks a lot for stopping by and reading my review😊
Jennifer Coxon
Currently Reading: Cancer, Faith & Butterflies
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-coxon.html
Latest Review: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary by David Richards
2024 Reading Goal: 15
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Jennifer Coxon »

Thank you for your detailed and thoughtful review. This sounds like a great book for young children from a teaching perspective of letters, words, activities and friendship, and also in that it sounds like there is something new to see and learn about each time you look at the different pages with so much to explore.
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:

Jennifer Coxon wrote: 17 Apr 2024, 11:56 Thank you for your detailed and thoughtful review. This sounds like a great book for young children from a teaching perspective of letters, words, activities and friendship, and also in that it sounds like there is something new to see and learn about each time you look at the different pages with so much to explore.
You are right! Thanks for reading my review and replying 😊
Gerry Steen
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 206
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: Self Love : Journal Your Journey by Natalie Bears

Post by Gerry Steen »

I agree with everything written in this review. I read this book also. The pictures are colorful and full of action and scenery. The fact that each letter is a beginning letter of a name of one of 26 Alpha Buddies is genius. The fact that each Alpha buddy is portrayed in a two phrase story with the majority of the words starting with the same letter as the Alpha Buddy's name is a good educational tool for the children to progress to reading as they get older. Great review! :techie-studyinggray:
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:

Gerry Steen wrote: 17 Apr 2024, 22:31 I agree with everything written in this review. I read this book also. The pictures are colorful and full of action and scenery. The fact that each letter is a beginning letter of a name of one of 26 Alpha Buddies is genius. The fact that each Alpha buddy is portrayed in a two phrase story with the majority of the words starting with the same letter as the Alpha Buddy's name is a good educational tool for the children to progress to reading as they get older. Great review! :techie-studyinggray:
Thanks a lot Gerry!
Martina Sette
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-martina-sette.html
Latest Review: The Struggle for Justice and Truth by Tomas Cudzis
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 153%

Post by Martina Sette »

I've already read this book, and I found it very nice. It's perfect for preschool-age children and for parents who want to have a nice time with their kids.
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:

Martina Sette wrote: 30 Apr 2024, 04:40 I've already read this book, and I found it very nice. It's perfect for preschool-age children and for parents who want to have a nice time with their kids.
Thanks for reading my review!
Cristiano Bellucci
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristiano-bellucci.html
Latest Review: Silo 42: Deception by Zev Paiss
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 660%

Post by Cristiano Bellucci »

Thanks, Priya, for your fantastic review. I agree with you and the book is about friendship. This is lovely for kids. I like your suggestions: they can be a great add.
Book allow you to fully explore a topic and immerse yourself in a deeper way than most media today. Mark Zuckerberg.
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:

Thanks, Cristiano, for reading my review!
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

I have read the book too and I can resonate with your feeling while reading the book. It is a great book isn't it? Thanks for writing this review. What a great writing from you too.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:

Tomy Chandrafrost wrote: 05 May 2024, 10:24 I have read the book too and I can resonate with your feeling while reading the book. It is a great book isn't it? Thanks for writing this review. What a great writing from you too.
Yes.. It is really a very good book.. Thanks for your kind words!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”