Review of The Blandford Fly

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jaituni Sanghavi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 156
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaituni-sanghavi.html
Latest Review: New Can Be Scary by Joyce Olsen

Re: Review of The Blandford Fly

Post by Jaituni Sanghavi »

Oh yes! I'd read this one long back, and enjoyed it as well! My favorite story in this collection was 'Radio Sweethearts.' Also, I loved reading your thoughts on the book! :)
Creole
Favorite Book: Tales from the Gray Area
Currently Reading: Adoka Son: Childhood Memoirs of An African
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-creole.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Creole »

I love short stories, and based on your delightful review, I would like to read "The Blandford Fly". Thanks for making it sound interesting. Congratulations to the author.
Leia Temple
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leia-temple.html
Latest Review: The Very Hungry Beagles Guide to Poop by M. Jackson, Lucky, Mr. Beckham, Peanut

Post by Leia Temple »

I read this book as well, not too long ago! My favorite stories were definitely the first and second. They were all very fantastical with very real elements of mystery and friendship, which I loved. Thanks for the review, Gerry. I may have to re-read this book.
Muhammad Haikal Birton
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muhammad-haikal-birton.html
Latest Review: Anti-Black Prejudice In America by Anders Eklof

Post by Muhammad Haikal Birton »

I'm interested to read "The Blandford Fly" by D. N. Moore. "The Blandford Fly" by D. N. Moore is a collection of short stories that showcase the author's vivid imagination and storytelling prowess.
Anu Anand
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anu-anand.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Anu Anand »

I absolutely loved this book! Each story had its own unique magic that captivated me from start to finish. Your well-written review beautifully captures the essence and depth of this book. I appreciate your insights and thoughtful reflections on each story. Thank you for sharing this wonderful review.
Abdullah Fawmi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abdullah-fawmi.html
Latest Review: Fantasy Man by Jean-Michel Desire

Post by Abdullah Fawmi »

I love short stories that are interesting and thrilling. And from your description, this book sounds like a perfectly enjoyable one for me. Maybe I should give it a try? Thank you for an excellent review as always Gerry.
Abdulahi Tijani
Currently Reading: The Brussels Connection
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Abdulahi Tijani »

I'm a fan of short stories and from your review, I'm captivated already I would like to give it a shot
Abdulahi Tijani
Currently Reading: The Brussels Connection
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Abdulahi Tijani »

Abdullah Fawmi wrote: 19 Apr 2024, 20:35 I love short stories that are interesting and thrilling. And from your description, this book sounds like a perfectly enjoyable one for me. Maybe I should give it a try. Thank you for an excellent review as always Gerry.
Yes...the reviewer's review has moved me as well to read the book. I'll definitely give it a try
Ephraim Okpani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ephraim Okpani »

I'm personally a fan of short stories and something tells me I'm gonna particularly enjoy reading this one. Thanks
Miriam Ratemo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60

Post by Miriam Ratemo »

This book seems so interesting. With the things you narrated in the review, yes to all of them because of how peculiar sounding they are. As an author, the best thing to do is to write short stories so that you get them over with as soon as possible. This could be true for a reader if the reader has less time. I might read it in a quiet afternoon if I do succeed to get to read it. Thank you.
Gerry Steen
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 179
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: Do You Really Want To Know? by Kate Fraser

Post by Gerry Steen »

Muhammad Haikal Birton wrote: 19 Apr 2024, 02:22 I'm interested to read "The Blandford Fly" by D. N. Moore. "The Blandford Fly" by D. N. Moore is a collection of short stories that showcase the author's vivid imagination and storytelling prowess.
Hi, Muhammad. I hope you enjoy this book as much as I did. Thank you for commenting on my review. I appreciate it. :techie-studyinggray:
Gerry Steen

Post by Gerry Steen »

Ephraim Okpani wrote: 23 Apr 2024, 05:14 I'm personally a fan of short stories and something tells me I'm gonna particularly enjoy reading this one. Thanks
Hi, Ephraim. I hope you enjoy these stories as much as I did. Thank you for leaving a comment on my review. I appreciate it. :techie-studyinggray:
Musliudeen Taiwo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Musliudeen Taiwo »

"I have a strong fondness for short stories and I wanted to express my appreciation for the recommendations you provided. They were very helpful and I look forward to exploring more of your suggestions in the future."
Gerry Steen

Post by Gerry Steen »

Musliudeen Taiwo wrote: 27 Apr 2024, 07:29 "I have a strong fondness for short stories and I wanted to express my appreciation for the recommendations you provided. They were very helpful and I look forward to exploring more of your suggestions in the future."
Hi, Musliudeen. You are very welcome! Until next time! :tiphat:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”