Review of Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Amanda Kenneth
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-kenneth.html
Latest Review: Creative Destruction by Alastair Bowman

Review of Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath

Post by Amanda Kenneth »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath" by Randy Miller.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

In Randy Miller's gripping narrative, Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath readers are taken on a journey through the eyes of Zachariah Martin, a young man from rural Vermont thrust into the tumultuous world of the Blue Water Navy during the Vietnam War. Miller's attention to detail brings to life the stark realities faced by Zach and his friends as they navigate the horrors of war with little preparation or understanding of its brutality.

The authenticity of Miller's characters is undeniable, making it effortless for readers to visualize the war heroes and their adversaries. Through skillful storytelling, Miller vividly depicts the unforgiving terrain, harsh climates, and unfamiliar cultures encountered by the sailors, providing a poignant portrayal of the challenges they endured in this surreal landscape.

As the narrative unfolds, the story delves into the aftermath of war, shedding light on the harrowing experiences of Zack and his comrades as they grapple with illnesses linked to Agent Orange exposure. The heartbreaking betrayal by the Veterans Affairs department in denying these veterans the compensation they deserve serves as a stark reminder of the ongoing struggles faced by many who served their country.

"Deadly Waters" is a powerful testament to the resilience of the human spirit amidst adversity, offering readers a compelling and thought-provoking exploration of war's enduring impact on individuals and society. Miller's poignant narrative and vivid imagery ensure that this story lingers in the minds and hearts of readers long after the final page is turned.

This book met my expectations, as it was seamlessly edited with no errors of any kind. I enjoyed my read, and I had nothing to dislike about the book. I rate the book 5 out of 5 stars; it was an excellent book worth reading. I recommend this book to readers for its gripping portrayal of Vietnam War realities, authentic characters, and profound exploration of post-war challenges.

Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Florence Daniel
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-florence-daniel.html
Latest Review: Black Witch Moth by C. Michael Curry

Post by Florence Daniel »

The review highlights Miller's excellent storytelling and vivid descriptions, which seem to bring the realities of war and its impact on sailors to life. The book's focus on Zachariah Martin's journey adds a personal touch to the broader narrative
Mark Maxwell 2
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mark-maxwell-2.html
Latest Review: His Final Answer by Christopher D White & Jennifer Curran

Post by Mark Maxwell 2 »

Miller's vivid depiction of the unforgiving terrain and harsh climates encountered by Zach and his comrades immerses readers in the surreal landscape of the Vietnam War.
Anthony Ambrose
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony-ambrose.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Anthony Ambrose »

Through Zachariah Martin's perspective, readers are skillfully guided through the tumultuous world of the Blue Water Navy during the Vietnam War, experiencing the stark realities and challenges faced by the sailors firsthand.
williams Emerald
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: The Cackling of the Crows
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-emerald.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by williams Emerald »

From the tranquil landscapes of rural Vermont to the turbulent waters of the Blue Water Navy, “Deadly Waters’’ captivates with its vivid storytelling and unforgettable characters. A true testament to the power of literature.
Vivian Writes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-writes.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Vivian Writes »

Zach and his friends seem like relatable characters, and unfortunately, they find themselves in the middle of a dangerous war. I wonder how they will fare in such a situation.
Mfon Ukim
Currently Reading: Popop's Grimoire
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Mfon Ukim »

The Vietnamese-American war, many suppose, was needless. Zechariah Martin's pain is shared from this odious experience. It serves to reveal the horrors and devastating nature of warfare.
Malachi Chukwuebuka Nelson
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malachi-chukwuebuka-nelson.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Malachi Chukwuebuka Nelson »

The book sounds great. I'm really looking forward to reading this someday. Thanks for this review.
Sunday N Florence
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunday-n-florence.html
Latest Review: The Atlantis Cure by Pierce Roberts

Post by Sunday N Florence »

Through compelling storytelling, "Deadly Waters" sheds light on the enduring struggles of veterans, emphasizing the ongoing challenges they face in obtaining deserved compensation from the Veterans Affairs department, providing a poignant exploration of post-war experiences.
Aurora Benjamin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aurora-benjamin.html
Latest Review: The Boy who Lived with Ghosts by John Mitchell

Post by Aurora Benjamin »

The narrative delves into the aftermath of war, shedding light on the harrowing experiences of Zack and his comrades as they grapple with illnesses linked to Agent Orange exposure.
Nnodim Collins
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nnodim-collins.html
Latest Review: The Mission by Tara Basi

Post by Nnodim Collins »

"Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath" by Randy Miller is a gripping narrative following Zachariah Martin's journey in the Vietnam War. Miller's attention to detail and authentic characters bring to life the harsh realities faced by the sailors, offering a poignant portrayal of their challenges.
Amelia Harper 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amelia-harper-1.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Post by Amelia Harper 1 »

"Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath" by Randy Miller follows Zachariah Martin, offering a vivid portrayal of the Blue Water Navy's struggles during the Vietnam War.
Daberechi Precious
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daberechi-precious.html
Latest Review: My Spouse, my friend by Ingiete Oyama

Post by Daberechi Precious »

This book is indeed a nice and engaging. the book was well detailed and educating, well developed characters. Nice review you have here.
Miriam Ratemo
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miriam-ratemo.html
Latest Review: Madam Vice President by Julian Mann
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Miriam Ratemo »

The Vietnamese-American war, many suppose, was needless. Zechariah Martin's pain is shared from this odious experience. It serves to reveal the horrors and devastating nature of warfare.
obinna Sharon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obinna-sharon.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul

Post by obinna Sharon »

Im not a fan of war books especially historic ones but I will give this a try. Thanks foe this review. I hope this meets my expectations.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”