Review of Love and Resistance

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Cristiano Bellucci
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristiano-bellucci.html
Latest Review: The Aspen Tree by Bart LaRocca
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 480%

Review of Love and Resistance

Post by Cristiano Bellucci »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Love and Resistance" by Marie J. Mond.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"Love and Resistance" by Marie J. Mond takes readers on an emotional journey through the intricate shades of love. The book is a collection of poems that span the spectrum of human emotions. Mond, a Haitian American poet, delves into love, from tender to tumultuous.

The book starts with the remarkable "Loving You Is a Sin," the winner of the prestigious 2023 Skylark Poetry International contest. This poem captures the extreme nature of love, which can be both a source of sweetness and guilt, particularly when it involves someone who is not free.

Each poem is a punch, offering a glimpse into a different facet of love. Love can be intense, tender, violent, and illegal. Mond navigates the highs and lows of such emotions. Her poems are concise yet profound, evoking feelings in just a few words.

One of the standout aspects of "Love and Resistance" is Mond's ability to capture the essence of love in all its forms. Whether describing the euphoria of new romance or the struggle of unattainable love, Mond's words resonate deeply with readers.

This book is both well-crafted and professionally edited. I enjoy how each poem deals with a different aspect of love. A poem can express feelings in just a few words. I find the poems about positive love and family to be the best. They give a sense of accomplishment and happiness. I like the poems that show the struggles of impossible love. The style is outstanding because it is both vivid and evocative, drawing readers into deep emotions. I do not find anything to dislike about these poems. Summarizing all of the above, I rate "Love and Resistance" by Marie J. Mond 5 out of 5 stars.

In conclusion, I recommend "Love and Resistance" to anyone who relates to the exceptional feelings of love.

Love and Resistance
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Book allow you to fully explore a topic and immerse yourself in a deeper way than most media today. Mark Zuckerberg.
MoeBrown
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moebrown.html
Latest Review: Break up with him now by Lena Lubinka

Post by MoeBrown »

I'm not sure if I would be into the idea of reading poems focusing on just one overall theme. I hope others find it interesting.
Gerry Steen
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 174
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: Do You Really Want To Know? by Kate Fraser

Post by Gerry Steen »

I agree with you that a poem can express feelings in just a few words. These words spark our imaginations and tap into our feelings as experienced in our lives and the lives of the subjects in the poems. This book sounds wonderful as it brought you on an emotional coaster-ride. Love is a great topic to write about. Thank you for this concise and informative review. :techie-studyinggray:
Cristiano Bellucci
Currently Reading:

MoeBrown wrote: 17 Apr 2024, 11:16 I'm not sure if I would be into the idea of reading poems focusing on just one overall theme. I hope others find it interesting.
Thanks for your comment. I can understand your point. I like the fact that the author goes deep into the different shades of love. It is all about love :)
Book allow you to fully explore a topic and immerse yourself in a deeper way than most media today. Mark Zuckerberg.
Cristiano Bellucci
Currently Reading:

Gerry Steen wrote: 17 Apr 2024, 14:33 I agree with you that a poem can express feelings in just a few words. These words spark our imaginations and tap into our feelings as experienced in our lives and the lives of the subjects in the poems. This book sounds wonderful as it brought you on an emotional coaster-ride. Love is a great topic to write about. Thank you for this concise and informative review. :techie-studyinggray:
Thank you very much, Gerry, for your comment. Yes, it is incredible. It is like a painter who can share a powerful message with just a few paints. It is incredible how the author can bring you on an emotional roller coaster. I love your description. :tiphat:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”