Review of Reconfigurement

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Risper Ouma Lisa Anyango
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-risper-ouma-lisa-anyango.html
Latest Review: Telling Your Story, Developing Your Brand by Henry Wong

Review of Reconfigurement

Post by Risper Ouma Lisa Anyango »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Reconfigurement" by E. Alan Fleischauer.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The world is quickly changing and in the last 100 years, life expectancy has increased. The cost of living also increases every day and people have to work hard to afford life's necessities. However, there will come a time when one doesn't have to work anymore because he or she has reached the retirement age, which is 65 years.

E. Alan Fleischauer in his book Reconfigurement talks about retirement and planning early enough for it so that when you reach the retirement age, you have enough money to take you through your olden days. Many people do think and save up for retirement, but few make real plans for it. But one thing should be noted though, to plan for retirement, you need money and that means you should work hard to make it while you still can.

I appreciated so much while reading this book, but I will just state a few. The honest truth and fact is that we all grow old and I commend the author for reminding us about this. If you read this book as a youth, then the information won't probably stick but as a 40-year-old, you would probably want to make sure you enforce almost everything said by the author. Doing so will save you a lot of hardships when you are old.

The information in the book is also very vital. We all need pension, insurance, good investments and to be happy. But you can't just say that you want all the things above and get them magically. Rather, you need to make and follow plans. Alan has got us covered in this by providing essential information on how to rearrange our lives and ensure that we have everything we need and want, particularly when we retire.

There is nothing I disliked about this book so I give it a 5 out of 5 star rating. The book seems to have been well edited since I noticed no errors while reading it.

Reading this book has been a blessing to me and I am grateful I read it. A lot of people might say that only pick up this book if you are planning for retirement but that's not the only audience that needs this book. People who haven't thought of retirement are also a good audience for it because it will make their minds think about life after retirement.

Reconfigurement
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
RJ Reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rj-reviews.html
Latest Review: Jirvania by Jan Anderegg
Reading Device: 1400697484
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 91%

Post by RJ Reviews »

This book was an eye-opener. We all are concerned about retirement life and this book will surely lessen our woes. With proper planning, we can enjoy our retirement life without having to worry much. I loved reading your review, it was both insightful and detailed. Thank you.
"The gods grow jealous of too much contentment anywhere, and they show their displeasure all of a sudden.” - R. K. Narayan, Maldudi Days
Diana Lowery
Currently Reading: The Exchange
Bookshelf Size: 344
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-diana-lowery.html
Latest Review: Bob and Bobbie and Other Short Stories by Derek Richard Fairey
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Diana Lowery »

Your review was very informative. I like that you recommend it to other groups besides retirees.
Jeff Kanda
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Dreams Are to Be Lived
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeff-kanda.html
Latest Review: Almost Everything You Wanted To Know About Tickling by Duncan Taub
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 30%

Post by Jeff Kanda »

Hey, I read this book a while back and I really liked it. It is very educative especially to me because I have just finished my campus studies and I am soon working.
The most important lesson so far was to start saving for retirement from the first salary. That's exactly what I will do.
Thanks for the detailed review!
Jennifer Coxon
Currently Reading: Cancer, Faith & Butterflies
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-coxon.html
Latest Review: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary by David Richards
2024 Reading Goal: 15
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Jennifer Coxon »

Thank you for your insightful review. I agree, no matter what age, it is important to plan for retirement. Social support in the form of state pensions and the like are insufficient even now when faced with the cost of living, and those who haven't made their own plans for retirement are suffering. A very useful book to have.
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

I agree with you that we can't just say that we want all the things about retirement happiness and get them magically. Rather, you need to make and follow the plan to make it happen. This book becomes a valuable reminder for me as a younger generation to prepare everything from now on. Thank you for making this review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”