Review of Niching Up

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Risper Ouma Anyango
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-risper-ouma-anyango.html
Latest Review: The Final Keystone by John Kevin Crowley

Review of Niching Up

Post by Risper Ouma Anyango »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Niching Up" by Chris Dreyer.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Many of us want to niche or, in simple words, specialize in a certain field, but do you know what it takes to niche? In the book Niching Up, the author Chris Dreyer tells us what it means to niche and guides us on how to niche successfully. He uses examples of well-known companies and well-known people in their different fields. An example is LeBron James, the world's best basketball player. Chris Dreyer uses him as an example and states that he achieved this by niching in basketball.

There are several things I loved while reading this book. I liked that the author used examples of well-known people while explaining several things. I identified most people used as examples, such as LeBron James, Steve Jobs, Henry Ford, and Samuel L. Jackson, who are well-known today. This made the book interesting and relatable.

I also liked that he mentioned the pros and cons of niching up. This helps the reader know both the advantages and disadvantages of niching up and can weigh the two to come up with a final conclusion on whether to or not to niche. He also says that niching is not for everyone, which is true since not everyone will succeed.

There is nothing I disliked about this book since I learned something new about niching. I didn't know what niching meant or how it's done until I read this book. For the reasons above, I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars.

The book seems to have been well-edited since I encountered no errors while reading it. I recommend this book to anyone interested in niching because it will help them determine whether or not they should niche. Anyone who also wants to know what niching is will benefit from this book because it explains what niching is.

Niching Up
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Cristiano Bellucci
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristiano-bellucci.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 600%

Post by Cristiano Bellucci »

Thank you very much for this review. Your question is the core of the book: do you know what it takes to niche? The author develops many themes around that. I am glad you liked this book.
Book allow you to fully explore a topic and immerse yourself in a deeper way than most media today. Mark Zuckerberg.
Gerry Steen
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 191
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: Time for PSyQ by Marti Ward

Post by Gerry Steen »

I agree with everything cited in this review. I read this book and I learned a lot about niching. I learned that if you want to niche you should follow a passion that you have and make it useful to someone who needs a service that no-one else has been able to meet. The author wrote in a fashion that was easy to understand. As stated in the review, the use of well-known celebrities as an example of people who created a niche was relatable to the reader. Great review! :techie-studyinggray:
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: The In-Between by Christian Espinosa

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

I agree with you on many aspects of this book. It uses relatable examples and explains fairly about the advantages and disadvantages of niching up. This book, in my opinion, is perfect because it teaches me unexpected new perspectives. Thank you for writing this review, reminding me to read this book again when I have time.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Jenna Padayachee
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Kybalion
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenna-padayachee.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Signature Addition: Jenna Padayachee

Post by Jenna Padayachee »

Thank you for your review. Sounds like another interesting read.
It makes sense to read the pros and cons of nicking contained in this book.
I also like the wonderful well known, inspirational beings who are used as examples in the book.
"Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power." Lao Tzu
Jenna Padayachee
Tomi Ahmed
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomi-ahmed.html
Latest Review: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition) by Dr. Colleen Huber
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
2024 Reading Goal: 35
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by Tomi Ahmed »

I totally agree with you about this book. It presents relatable examples and provides a fair analysis of the pros and cons of niching up. For me, this book is exceptional as it introduces me to fresh, unexpected viewpoints. Thanks for sharing your review; it has inspired me to revisit this book when I find some free time.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”