Review of Bluewater Walkabout

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Malachi Chukwuebuka Nelson
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malachi-chukwuebuka-nelson.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Review of Bluewater Walkabout

Post by Malachi Chukwuebuka Nelson »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Bluewater Walkabout" by Tina Dreffin.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Bluewater Walkabout: Into Africa by Tina Dreffin is an interesting and captivating book. The trigger for Tina's desire to travel started when she was a child. She then met and married Peter, the man she fell for, who had a strong affection for traveling and who kindled her love for the sea. Later, they plunged on their journey armed with hope and filled with expectation, looking ahead to what wasn’t known but based on determination.

In this book, the author takes readers on her journey to Africa with her husband and two children. Tina's astonishingly creative narration attracts and keeps our attention, where we can only marvel at her beautiful story. She had already gone through a lot of trauma before she got married to Peter. She decided this time to travel to Africa with her kids, not considering the risk. She was good at exploring places across different continents, so this was a small feat for her. Was her family safe this time? Did they come back? Read this book to learn more about the expedition.

I recorded more than a few great features of this book. Tina and Peter's relationship was simply fascinating to view. By writing about their experiences, they managed not just to encourage their readers to perceive life through a broad prism but also to understand this life fully. One interesting part of this book is that the author mentions both her good and bad sides. This book was an eye-opener to me on the subject of rape. I loved how Tina recovered from this. This book isn't only for fun; it also has hidden lessons for careful readers. I loved how Tina showed love to her son's friends on the sea; it's worth emulating.

I didn't dislike much in this book; the flashbacks were a turn-off for me, and the book's length was also discouraging. Apart from these, this book was great. I didn't find a single error in this book. This book was exceptionally edited.

If you are a survivor of rape, this book is for you. I will also recommend this book to lovers and fans of adventure books. I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. The flaws mentioned didn't totally affect my reading experience, so I will still give this book a perfect rating.

Bluewater Walkabout
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amanda Kenneth
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-kenneth.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Amanda Kenneth »

"Bluewater Walkabout: Into Africa" sounds like a fascinating adventure! It's always inspiring to hear about people following their passions and embarking on journeys into the unknown. Tina's journey, fueled by determination and love for the sea, seems like an incredible story of exploration and discovery.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”