Review of One Jesus, One Way

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Risper Ouma Anyango
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-risper-ouma-anyango.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Review of One Jesus, One Way

Post by Risper Ouma Anyango »

[Following is a volunteer review of "One Jesus, One Way" by The Proving Jesus Group.]
Book Cover
2 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Everybody wants to go to heaven and enjoy the afterlife. But to make it to heaven, you have to choose a lifestyle that pleases God and Jesus Christ. You must be free of sin and accept that Jesus is your saviour. God sent Jesus, his one and only son, to come and die for our sins. Jesus indeed died for our sins and ascended into heaven, where he is sitting on the right hand of the Father. One thing shouldn't be forgotten, though: he left behind his 12 disciples who helped spread the gospel so that others too would believe in Christ. To find out more, get yourself a copy of the book, One Jesus, One Way by The Proving Jesus Group.

There are some things I didn't like while reading the book. There were no page numbers, and this made it incredibly hard to track which page I was on while reading the book. I had to count the pages on my own, which I found very time-consuming.

The layout of the book also wasn't appealing. This book has three chapters, but a new chapter would start right after the other. I would have appreciated it if a new chapter started on a fresh page, which wasn't the case.

The only thing I liked about this book was that it spoke the truth about Christians. For example, the author highlighted that many Christians are filled with arrogance and pride, which is true. In many churches today, people value money and positions they have in church, which is not expected from a good Christian.

I rate this book 2 out of 5 stars. I deducted three stars because there were no page numbers and the layout wasn't appealing. I recommend this book to anyone interested in Christian literature because it talks about the Bible.

One Jesus, One Way
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: The House on Tyner by Matthew O’Connell

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

A book without page numbers and page layout? How will we indicate the incorrect parts containing profanity words? Thank you for reminding me about this. I briefly saw this book on my list, and after reading your review, it seems like it's not the best choice for my next read. Thank you for writing this.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Jenna Padayachee
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Kybalion
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenna-padayachee.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross
Signature Addition: Jenna Padayachee

Post by Jenna Padayachee »

I like how honest and also sincere your review is. Thank you.
I grew up practicing Christianity, minus the visual flaws of the book. The content from the author sounds excellent in that it reflects on how many churches and their people have become like political organizations ( this is what led me away from the church).
This is a beautiful, honest observation from the author. I hope those who follow this faith find value in this message forward in terms of Jesus's value in teachings and his message and not on matters concerning status, organizations, politics, and titles.
"Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power." Lao Tzu
Jenna Padayachee
Julie Basil
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Little Prince
Currently Reading: Launchpad Republic
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-basil.html
Latest Review: Voices from a Forgotten Letter by Seif-Eldeine
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Julie Basil »

I can understand your frustrations with the formatting of this book. A lack of page numbers and separation of chapters can really detract from the reading experience of an ebook. I appreciate your honest and thoughtful review.
"It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what's essential is invisible to the eye." ~ Antoine St. Exupery

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”