Review of Nightlord: Sunset

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sunday N Florence
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunday-n-florence.html
Latest Review: 600 Devils by Marjan

Review of Nightlord: Sunset

Post by Sunday N Florence »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

In "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited, Eric finds himself thrust into the world of vampires after a night of drinking ends with a mysterious woman revealing his new identity to him. The author skillfully crafts characters that feel real and relatable, particularly Eric, whose struggle with his newfound vampiric nature leads to moral dilemmas and moments of humor. Despite his monstrous nature, Eric also serves as a teacher, sharing his knowledge with others and adapting to his new life. The novel blends fantasy, comedy, and moral introspection, making it an engaging read with a likeable main character. The author's intricate storytelling sets the stage for an engaging series, with the first book laying a compelling foundation for Eric's adventures as a vampire.

I found myself deeply engrossed in the abnormalities of the vampires portrayed in the book, particularly Eric, who, despite possessing typical vampire traits like strength, magic, and fangs, retains a semblance of humanity during the day and struggles with his moral compass when indulging his bloodlust at night. What sets Eric apart is his blend of monstrous instincts and acts of compassion, as well as his role as a teacher. He uses his knowledge to navigate his new reality and shares it with others, showcasing a unique dynamic within vampire literature.

Eric happens to be my favorite character from the book. I like that the author provides a refreshing take on vampires, portraying Eric the Vampire as a heroic figure who can walk in the sun and use his powers to save humanity. The story is filled with action, emotion, humor, and suspense, keeping readers engaged throughout. The first-person narrative style and well-paced plot contribute to the overall enjoyment of the book.

This book, while commendable for its exploration of kindness and originality, falls short in engagement due to its excessive length and lack of detail. Despite its slow start and unconventional structure, divided by dates rather than chapters, the book remains an enjoyable read. The initial chapters may have been slow-paced, but the narrative picks up, offering an engaging exploration of its subject matter. Despite these drawbacks, the editor's meticulous work and the author's creative storytelling shine through, making it a valuable learning experience. The book has no errors; that's to say, the book was exceptionally well edited.

I rate this book four out of five stars because of the factors listed above. I recommend this book to anyone seeking an exciting and immersive literary journey, particularly those who are interested in mystery, action, fantasy, and adventure books.

Nightlord: Sunset
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Latest Review: 600 Devils by Marjan
Amanda Kenneth
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-kenneth.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade

Post by Amanda Kenneth »

"Nightlord: Sunset" introduces Eric's journey as a new vampire with relatable characters and engaging storytelling, setting up a promising series.
Aurora Benjamin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aurora-benjamin.html
Latest Review: East Wind, 2nd Edition by Jack Winnick

Post by Aurora Benjamin »

What sets Eric apart is his blend of monstrous instincts and acts of compassion, as well as his role as a teacher. He navigates his new reality with knowledge and shares it with others, creating a unique dynamic within vampire literature. This is one of my favourite books so far. Great job.
Anthony Ambrose
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony-ambrose.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Anthony Ambrose »

Nightlord: Sunset" masterfully combines elements of fantasy, comedy, and moral introspection, creating an immersive reading experience. Eric's journey as a reluctant vampire, grappling with his humanity amidst the darkness, is both captivating and thought-provoking.
Esther Unurhie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esther-unurhie.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Esther Unurhie »

By exploring Eric's struggles and moral complexities, the novel offers a fresh perspective on vampire literature, setting the stage for an engaging series with compelling character dynamics.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”