Review of The Fight for Sleep

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Cristiano Bellucci
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristiano-bellucci.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 600%

Review of The Fight for Sleep

Post by Cristiano Bellucci »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Fight for Sleep" by Thad R Harshbarger.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"The Fight for Sleep: Pick Your Battles - Win the War" by Thad R. Harshbarger stands as a guide for those who are awake at night due to insomnia. In this book, Harshbarger, a clinical psychologist, shares a roadmap to restful nights.

One of the book's outstanding features is its adaptive structure, which is designed to address the unique needs of each reader. Differently from the linear narrative typical of many self-help books, Harshbarger empowers individuals to jump directly to the sections most relevant to their sleep struggles. Whether overwhelming emotions or battles to fall asleep, the author drives readers toward tailored solutions.

Harshbarger's expertise in psychology is evident, as he integrates scientific insights with practical advice. Drawing from a variety of cases, he explains the nature of sleep disorders while offering a diverse array of strategies for resolution. Readers will find plenty of actionable steps.

The book is both well-crafted and professionally edited. I enjoy its logical organization. The author brings his expertise and scientific approach to present a huge variety of cases, problems, and solutions around sleeping. I like that I can learn from the research about sleeping and that the author provides so many examples to overcome the fight for sleep. I experienced tangible improvements in sleep quality after implementing its recommendations. There is nothing major that can reduce the rating of this book. Summarizing all of the above, I rate "The Fight for Sleep: Pick Your Battles - Win the War" by Thad R. Harshbarger 5 out of 5 stars. 

In conclusion, I recommend "The Fight for Sleep: Pick Your Battles - Win the War" to anyone suffering from insomnia who is motivated to understand the roots of the problem. Thad R. Harshbarger offers a guiding light through the darkest of nights, illuminating the path towards restorative sleep.

The Fight for Sleep
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Book allow you to fully explore a topic and immerse yourself in a deeper way than most media today. Mark Zuckerberg.
Terry Kimble
Currently Reading: The Faces of Unborn Butterflies
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-terry-kimble.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by Terry Kimble »

The title of this book is stressful. How can I sleep if I am fighting for sleep? :lol2:
From your review, Cristiano, it sounds like this self-help book on getting a better night's sleep could benefit many people. Thank you for this well-written and revealing review!
Cristiano Bellucci
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristiano-bellucci.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 600%

Post by Cristiano Bellucci »

Terry Kimble wrote: 19 Apr 2024, 07:49 The title of this book is stressful. How can I sleep if I am fighting for sleep? :lol2:
From your review, Cristiano, it sounds like this self-help book on getting a better night's sleep could benefit many people. Thank you for this well-written and revealing review!
:D :D :D You are totally right! The title is catchy and... stressful. The book is well worth reading. Thanks for your comment, Terry.
Book allow you to fully explore a topic and immerse yourself in a deeper way than most media today. Mark Zuckerberg.
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: Not Dead Yet by Mark Fletcher

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

I feel that sleep problems are quite common nowadays. Habits like using social media late into the night, entertainment such as Netflix and online gaming are increasing the number of people with reduced sleep quality. I believe this book could be a solution to this problem. Thank you for writing this book review. What great writing."
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Julie Bellucci
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Julie Bellucci »

As a coach, I meet many people struggling with their sleep. And this is fundamental to health and happiness. This sounds like a book of interest to me and my clients. thanks for the review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”