Review of Telling Your Story, Developing Your Brand

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Risper Ouma Anyango
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-risper-ouma-anyango.html
Latest Review: Grand Slam Life by Milton Haber, M.D.

Review of Telling Your Story, Developing Your Brand

Post by Risper Ouma Anyango »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Telling Your Story, Developing Your Brand" by Henry Wong.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The world is filled with billions of people and each person has something different to offer. However, some people share the same skills with thousands of other people. Given the competition, how do you make sure you stand out from the thousands of other people? I have an answer for you though, make yourself a brand.

In the book, Telling Your Story, Developing Your Brand, the author Henry Wong explores what personal branding is. You can make yourself better and more desirable in the market by building yourself as a brand. You also tell your story to others until they know that you exist. You can get yourself a copy of this book to find out more about branding and how to successfully build a brand.

I liked this book because it taught me that I am more than just a person. Before reading this book, I would have answered some questions differently. For example, if I were asked what my favorite brand is, I would have probably mentioned a big company like Apple or Chanel. However, after reading this book, my answer to that question is different. I am my favorite brand and I want to tell my story until the market has no choice but to choose me.

This book is also simple to understand and comprehend because the author uses simple language. The layout of the book is also commendable. This book has different chapters, questions, song lyrics, and diagrams among others. You can tell them apart, which means that this book is well organized.

There is nothing I disliked about this book, so I rate it 5 out of 5 stars. I recommend this book to anyone who wants to improve themselves as a brand because it teaches the reader how to become a brand. Companies can also use this book to grow and develop their brands because the information provided also applies to companies.

Telling Your Story, Developing Your Brand
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Dana Lawrence Lohn
Favorite Book: The Upstairs Delicatessen
Currently Reading: In the Garden of Beasts
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dana-lawrence-lohn.html
Latest Review: Ungraduated by Ken Hannaman
2024 Reading Goal: 125
2024 Goal Completion: 18%

Post by Dana Lawrence Lohn »

You are your favorite brand! I love this. Branding can feel ambiguous as a concept, and I interpret from your review that you enjoyed the structured way that this information was organized and presented.
Sarah Zain
Favorite Book: Wutheing heights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-zain.html
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey

Post by Sarah Zain »

I think I might like this book. The points you mentioned include looking at ourselves as more than just people. I would love to know the author's point of view on developing our own brand. Your review is written in a balanced and expressive way. I enjoyed reading it.
Life is hard on its own so let's make it easier for each other if we could.
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey
Cristiano Bellucci
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristiano-bellucci.html
Latest Review: Micro Authority by Dr Raman K Attri
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 520%

Post by Cristiano Bellucci »

Great book. I like what you say: you are your favourite brand and you want to tell your story!
Book allow you to fully explore a topic and immerse yourself in a deeper way than most media today. Mark Zuckerberg.
Diana Lowery
Currently Reading: The Exchange
Bookshelf Size: 345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-diana-lowery.html
Latest Review: Opportunity Taken by R. W. Frazier
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Diana Lowery »

I am not sure that I need to establish a brand myself, but I can think of several people I can recommend this book to. Thank you for your informative review.
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: The Awakening by Davina Reddic

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

Your review reminds me of my college days when I enjoyed reading books about branding and marketing. It brings back pleasant memories of attending seminars, collaborating with fellow startup enthusiasts, and taking various classes related to branding and self-development. Your review makes me even more eager to read this book. Thank you for writing this review.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Laney K
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 125
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laney-k.html
Latest Review: Crimeline Hollywood by Thomas Collins
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 48%

Post by Laney K »

For those interested in making themselves into a brand, this sounds like a useful tool. I don't think this is the book for me, but thanks for the informative review.
Gerry Steen
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 185
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: House of Eire by June Gillam

Post by Gerry Steen »

The fact that this book influenced you to change your answer to " I am my favorite brand and I want to tell my story until the market has no choice but to choose me", makes it a worthwhile book to read. It gave you a positive message. I am curious about the subject of branding. Your review has piqued my interest in it. I am adding this book to my bookshelves. Great review! :techie-studyinggray:
Jenna Padayachee
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenna-padayachee.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross
Signature Addition: Jenna Padayachee

Post by Jenna Padayachee »

Wow, this sounds great. I like what you got out of reading this book. My husband is a businessman and has always told people this: he supports him ( he is his own favorite brand), then connects and supports others.
I have always enjoyed this concept and appreciate that there is a book with a similar perspective on this. I will add it to my bookshelves for a later read!
"Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power." Lao Tzu
Jenna Padayachee
Alice Heritage
Review Team Guidelines Team Leader
Favorite Author: Wilkie Collins
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
Currently Reading: 50 Masterpieces of Gothic Fiction
Bookshelf Size: 381
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alice-heritage.html
Latest Review: Eternal Hero by William Grace
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 1
fav_author_id: 1
Signature Addition: Mod

Post by Alice Heritage »

I think I'd find this book very useful to help me put myself out there and stand out. Thanks for this informative review.
This post was brought to you by the word "specifically".
Mod

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”