Review of Thoughts on Science and Faith

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hager Salem
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 339
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hager-salem.html
Latest Review: A King Amongst Us by A.D. Lewis

Review of Thoughts on Science and Faith

Post by Hager Salem »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Thoughts on Science and Faith" by Michael John.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"I’ve tried to show that there are matters of faith that justify science, and there are matters of science that justify faith." This was one of the last sentences in Thoughts on Science and Faith by Michael John. This sentence shows the essence of the book and what it aims to do. The writer tries to explain how science and religion can complement each other. People tend to think that science and religion are opposites, and they can't combine a belief in both. The writer, through the book, tries to prove the opposite of that theory by asking many philosophical questions and trying to give some reasonable answers, or by just opening your mind to think of the answers you might like. The book has parts that explain theories of how the universe started and other parts that explain the Christian faith and beliefs.

I liked many things about the book, and I liked it as an experience. It was mind-opening. I like it when people ask the right philosophical questions. If it's a new question, you get to think. If it's a question you already have, you'll know that you're not alone and that you can get some answers. The writer does this throughout the book. Although the ideas have a lot of philosophy, physics, and religion, I didn't find the language the writer used challenging or difficult to understand.

I didn't find anything to dislike about the book. I respect how the writer expressed his thoughts neutrally so that no one can feel offended. People of any faith, or no faith at all, can enjoy the book and find it acceptable. You can agree or disagree with the theories mentioned, but you won't feel rejection or strong emotions.

I found the book useful and enjoyed reading it. It received professional editing. I could only notice one minor grammatical error. I believe it suits a wide range of people who might be interested in a combination of science, philosophy, and religion. Therefore, I rate Thoughts on Science and Faith by Michael John five out of five stars.

Thoughts on Science and Faith
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Julie Basil
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Little Prince
Currently Reading: Launchpad Republic
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-basil.html
Latest Review: Voices from a Forgotten Letter by Seif-Eldeine
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Julie Basil »

This sounds like a very refreshing book that covers a topic that is not often discussed. I agree with your assessment that most people believe science and faith are at odds, but that doesn't have to be the case. Keep up the good work!
"It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what's essential is invisible to the eye." ~ Antoine St. Exupery
Mfon Ukim
Currently Reading: Popop's Grimoire
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Mfon Ukim »

For the author to find converging point for both religion and science in his book Thoughts on Science and Faith is a great thing especially as people have been bamboozled all along to believe that these two phenomenons are pillars at extreme ends with iota of similarity.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”