Review of A Walk Through the Grapes

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anozie Stephanie
Currently Reading: Summer's Promise
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anozie-stephanie.html
Latest Review: life.............connected by jacksel

Review of A Walk Through the Grapes

Post by Anozie Stephanie »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Walk Through the Grapes" by David Jackson.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

A Walk Through the Grapes by David Jackson is a novel that speaks of the Grazer's family's ownership of the Grazer's grape vineyard and the love and connection they have for each other.

The story begins with Jace Grazer's return home after staying away to chase his acting career. On returning home, he was scared of how his father and family would react after leaving his home without notifying them of his departure. His brother Dane showed his happiness at receiving his best friend back home and even went on with his parents' permission to host a bonfire party at their home.

Jace was left in confusion as his love of his life, Ally, didn't seem to have any interest in him any more due to how he left without telling her anything about his travels and how Ally's sister now has a deep love interest in him. Jace's unsuccessful career in acting leaves him to impress his family at all costs, as he feels his parents are disappointed in him. Robert, Jace's dad, finally gives him the opportunity to prove his worth in the family grape business. Will Jace live up to expectations? You will certainly find out by picking up a copy of this book.

I love how the author emphasizes character details; the author notes the dress code, hair color, and even facial emotions of the characters being mentioned. It puts the creativity of my mind to use as I imagine the details as I read. I dislike the fact that the contents of the book were not written by the author. I really wanted to see the chapters and their titles to increase my excitement before reading each chapter.

I would recommend this book to mystery book lovers, as it gives a lot of suspense while reading it. I never knew I would learn so much about grapes and wine production; now I can say I have sufficient knowledge about grape and wine production. For this reason and the flawless edit to this book, as I found no errors in it, I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars, as my dislikes were also not enough reason for a star deduction in this book.

A Walk Through the Grapes
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: Winning at Leading Women In Leadership by Ronica Watkins, PhD

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

In my country, I rarely come across discussions about how vineyards work and the production of wine from grapes. This review is very interesting, considering the different cultural context, and it makes me want to read it. Thank you for writing this review. It's a great piece of writing.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Opeyemi Ajiboye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-opeyemi-ajiboye.html
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey

Post by Opeyemi Ajiboye »

Jace story in this book is a touching one, from feeling like a betrayer to trying to pave his way to his family heart, I hope he got what he desired in the boom.
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey
Chinazo Anozie
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 319
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinazo-anozie.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Chinazo Anozie »

Jace's story reminds me of the biblical prodigal son. I like how there's a strong sense of family with the Grazers along with their love of grapes and wine production. However, I'm not sure the plot interests me enough to check the book out. Great review though!
Risper Ouma Anyango
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-risper-ouma-anyango.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Post by Risper Ouma Anyango »

All I see is a young man who lives his dreams more than anything and is out to fulfil them instead of always relaying on the family business. I love the book covers too
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
williams Emerald
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: The Cackling of the Crows
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-emerald.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by williams Emerald »

Your review of ‘A Walk Through the Grapes’ effectively captures the essence of the novel, highlighting its focus on family dynamics and personal growth amidst the backdrop of a vineyard. Your insights into the character details add depth to your appreciation of the author’s craftsmanship.
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priya-murugesan.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible

Post by Priya Murugesan »

I thinking of picking up this book. Your review strengthened my desire to read it.
In a world where you can be anything, be kind :)

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”