Review of Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hykaryh
Currently Reading: The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hykaryh.html
2024 Reading Goal: 10
2024 Goal Completion: 130%

Review of Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids

Post by Hykaryh »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids" by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids" is a Christian picture book for children. The book gives an insight into the life of a loving and faithful family. The protagonist is a little girl named Emma who sees a realistic dream every night, which she always tells and discusses with her parents and brother the next day. What quickly becomes clear to the reader is that the family is deeply religious and caring. The teachers are happy to answer the children's constant questions, patiently explaining and often asking questions to make sure they really get the point. The parents understand and love the Bible, so naturally they find their joy in little Emma's dreams.

Throughout the story, there are precise Bible quotations where adults (including adult parents and siblings) can find and deepen their knowledge on the topics of hell, heaven and God.

What I liked is that he described a difficult topic of the Bible in a very understandable and charming way that even the younger, innocent age group can imagine and accept. What I would like to highlight is the excellent graphic illustration that can be a great conversation starter.

The only thing I did not like was that the dialogue sometimes seemed forced and superficial. The chapters could have been a little longer, so I do not think we got into as much detail as the subject matter deserved. I found it odd that Bella quoted exactly from the Bible, I do not think that's true to life as she is only six years old.

I recommend "Abducted to Heaven for Children" exclusively to Christian parents who want to lull their children to sleep at night with a Christian bedtime story and thus strengthen their Christian faith. The book teaches excellent foundations for a moral, Christian life in a playful, age-appropriate way. The wording of the story is appropriate and light so that a young child can enjoy it to the full.

Very well edited. No spelling errors. Contains no violence, romance, or swearing. It earns 5 out of 5 stars from me.

Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”