Review of Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape)

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
RJ Reviews
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rj-reviews.html
Latest Review: Jirvania by Jan Anderegg
Reading Device: 1400697484
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 91%

Review of Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape)

Post by RJ Reviews »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape)" by Steve William Laible.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Billy is ten years old, and like every 10-year-old out there, he finds it unacceptable that his parents make him go to bed while it's still bright outside. He fails to understand the logic behind early bedtime and regrets missing out on play time with his friends. So, one day, Billy plans to escape from his bed after his parents have tucked him in. He comes up with an elaborate plan that he thinks is flawless. Read Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible to find out how his magnanimous plan to sneak out of the house to play until dark pans out.

This book is hilarious. The author, through Billy's voice, paints a vivid and humorous picture of his mischievous escapade. This story captures the playful spirit of childhood and a child's innocence. Billy is an adventurous boy and loves to play outside. We get an insight into his thoughts as he escapes from his room. He is determined, courageous, and has a positive outlook. He has a vivid imagination and does not let failure strain his heart. He accepts it with a smile. Through this story, the author emphasizes the importance of outdoor activities and introduces the concept of varying time zones and weather conditions. He uses some big words and includes their explanations, making the book educational. 

This creative book is free of errors. The editing is flawless. There is nothing I dislike about this book. It is imaginative, educational, inspirational, and humorous. The book contains real photographs of Billy and his mischievous activities. For its endearing character, valuable life lessons, and playful humor, I rate this book 5 out of 5

I would recommend this book to everyone. Elderly children can read this book by themselves and learn a few important pieces of trivia. Parents can read this book to younger children at bedtime. Even adults can have a good laugh by reading this short book. 

Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape)
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
"The gods grow jealous of too much contentment anywhere, and they show their displeasure all of a sudden.” - R. K. Narayan, Maldudi Days
Gerry Steen
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 174
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: Do You Really Want To Know? by Kate Fraser

Post by Gerry Steen »

This sounds like a great book. Every child should benefit from playing outdoors. I spent a good chunk of my childhood outdoors, and I loved it. I also learned early on to pay attention to the weather and to hightail it home at the sight of black clouds and lightning. The changing times in my time zone were also important to consider. In the fall and winter it would get dark a lot earlier. According to your review, Billy Jack does a great job sharing similar knowledge with young readers. I have been turned on to Stevie Tenderheart books. I will get some for my grandchildren. Thank you for this concise review. :techie-studyinggray:
Sasikala gupta
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sasikala-gupta.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by Sasikala gupta »

I was fortunate to read one of Steve tenderhearts book and it was amazing. The author has a very unique writing style for a children's book. It's every child's dream to stay up and play all night. Your review is on point and insightful. Can't wait to read more of your reviews.
Reading is like opening a door to another world :techie-studyinggray: :techie-reference:
Kshitija Sonawane
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kshitija-sonawane.html
Latest Review: Back to Bremo by Debby Hall
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 37%

Post by Kshitija Sonawane »

I read through the first paragraph, and automatically, I was smiling so wide because as a 22-year-old 'kid', I still face it, no phone after night and go to sleep. It felt so good reading it. Thank you. Good job on the review, it was great, like always.
Jennifer Coxon
Currently Reading: Cancer, Faith & Butterflies
Bookshelf Size: 65
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-coxon.html
Latest Review: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary by David Richards
2024 Reading Goal: 15
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Jennifer Coxon »

Thank you for your insightful review. This does sound like a fun and humorous book. I liked your recommendations, although I thought you were referring to adults when listing 'elderly children' and happily put myself in that group. :D
Cristiano Bellucci
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristiano-bellucci.html
Latest Review: The Successful Business Startup Action Guide by Husam S. AlSaleh
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 460%

Post by Cristiano Bellucci »

Thank you for your great review. I agree, the book is hilarious. Both the text and the images send this message :)
Book allow you to fully explore a topic and immerse yourself in a deeper way than most media today. Mark Zuckerberg.
Bettny Andrade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bettny-andrade.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Bettny Andrade »

I loved your description of the book. This reading is one of the ones I'm doing right now, although I haven't completely started it. Now I know I can enjoy it and have fun too. Thank you very much for your review.
Bettny Andrade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bettny-andrade.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Bettny Andrade »

I loved your description of the book. This reading is one of the ones I'm doing right now, although I haven't completely started it. Now I know I can enjoy it and have fun too. Thank you very much for your review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”