Review of Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chad Anthony
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chad-anthony.html
Latest Review: The Boy who Lived with Ghosts by John Mitchell

Review of Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures

Post by Chad Anthony »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures" by Catherine A. Pepe.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventure by Catherine Anna Pepe is the story of a beautiful family bonded by unexplainable love and unity despite the challenges life threw at them, from giving them a special gift to nurture to making tough decisions that would either tear them apart or help them fulfill their God-given mission. Whichever way, they had to choose.

Who are these family members? What special gift were they given and meant to nurture? What decisions did they make? What were the implications of this decision? You'll find out in this highly educational, informative, and inspiring book.

My favorite character was Donny. He has a heart as pure as crystal. His enthusiasm and optimism, coupled with his kind nature, keep me in great awe. He is always positive and always sees the bright side of every circumstance; he's always ready to learn and try something new; he is always grateful for the gift of life; and every day was the best day of his life. What a joyful kid he is!

Mary Grace was a very good sister; she was selfless and a troubleshooter as well, always looking out for not just her brother but everyone around her. Her problem-solving skills are out of this world.

The part of the book that got me emotional was when their parents needed to go to Africa for two years as missionaries; they had never been apart for that long in their lives. This part got me tearing up.

This book is for children, teenagers, and everyone who loves adventures.

It's a very beautiful book that taught good morals, love, friendship, forgiveness, selflessness, sacrifice, and also that family doesn't really have to be by blood; one could come by his or her family in individuals within the community who are ready to show love, empathy, and concern, not only that but that are determined to help such individuals become the best they could ever be. Those sets of people are one’s true family.

In addition, jealousy is the root of all evil, as it progresses gradually to hatred and then to other terrible forms of evil.

Bullying is not just an act; it's a reflection of who that person is from within. There's a vacuum, and the bully is afraid, so instead of seeking help, they take it out on their victims. It's a monster whose fangs need to be matched in society; hence, it's going to keep scarring and scaring young, beautiful minds till they lose their beauty and creativity. This book has a lot of lessons in it; it's a very educational and impactful book.

I must commend the author for such a good job. The pages were well-numbered, the vocabulary was simple, and the sentence construction was interconnected, thereby making it easy to create an imaginary representation of events as I read through. Like, I literally enjoyed every part of this book. There is absolutely nothing to dislike in this book. No typographical error was found, and for these reasons, I am rating the book 5 out of 5.

Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Anthony Ambrose
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony-ambrose.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Anthony Ambrose »

Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventure" by Catherine Anna Pepe sounds like an emotionally rich narrative centered around a family facing life's challenges with love and unity.
Christian Jordan
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christian-jordan.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Christian Jordan »

**Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventure** by Catherine Anna Pepe follows a resilient family's journey. Despite life's challenges, they're bound by unbreakable love and unity. As they navigate tough decisions, they must choose paths that either strengthen their bond or fulfill their God-given mission.
Robert Cortes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robert-cortes.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Robert Cortes »

As a prospective reader, this review offers a heartfelt and comprehensive look into "Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventure" by Catherine Anna Pepe. The book is portrayed as a touching and inspiring story about a family who navigates life's challenges with unwavering love and unity.

You highlight the central characters and their admirable qualities. Donny, with his pure heart, boundless enthusiasm, and perpetual optimism, stands out as a beacon of joy and positivity.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”