Review of Jirvania

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
RJ Reviews
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Grandpa Ernie's Secrets
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rj-reviews.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign
Reading Device: 1400697484
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 100%

Review of Jirvania

Post by RJ Reviews »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Jirvania" by Jan Anderegg.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Imagine a future where imagination and creativity don't exist. In Jan Anderegg's Jirvania, such a future occurs when the mythical place where all stories exist gets destroyed. Now, Jack and Mia must travel back in time to stop creatures seeking to extinguish imagination from destroying Jirvania, a magical place. They find an unusual companion, Julu, the dragon. Together, they must rewrite the whole story while dealing with the ripple effects caused by their actions. Will they be able to save Jirvania from being destroyed? Read this coming-of-age novel to learn if the protagonists succeed in their daring mission.

The author created a mesmerizing world. Jirvania is a land of magic, full of muse fairies who collect story pearls for creative people. It is a place where imagination blooms and all the stories ever written are kept safe. The world-building is fascinating and vivid. The author uses a third-person narrative to give us an overall glimpse of the plot in both the past and present. The timeline is clearly stated throughout the book, making it possible to follow without hindrance. The writing style is descriptive and eloquent, and the rich vocabulary is pertinent to its genre. Each chapter starts with a quote from a wise man.

The main protagonist, 12-year-old Jack Lemoine, is courageous and relatable. His cousin, Mia, is a likeable character. Their friendship is the focus of this story. Jack's determination and hopeful attitude are inspiring. This story includes a lot of characters, including famous historical personalities. The character guide at the end comes in handy for keeping track of all those characters. The courageous attitude of Jack and Mia adds to the book's charm. Each character contributes to the theme of love and hope. 

There is nothing I dislike about this book. It is flawlessly edited, with zero errors. For its vivid scenarios, mesmerizing world-building, imaginative storyline, and well-developed characters, I rate this book 5 out of 5. Though this coming-of-age book is for young readers, adults, too, will find this book enjoyable. I would recommend this book to lovers of fantasy and suspense. Those who like a book with intriguing characters and a sense of adventure will also find this book interesting. 

Jirvania
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
"The gods grow jealous of too much contentment anywhere, and they show their displeasure all of a sudden.” - R. K. Narayan, Maldudi Days
Gerry Steen
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: House of Eire by June Gillam

Post by Gerry Steen »

It would indeed be a dull world if creativity and imagination did not exist. Creativity gives us purpose and imagination gives us the inspiration to rise above or, at least, to escape harsh realities momentarily. What a great idea! To write a novel about this. It reminds us how important creativity and imagination are. We must use these attributes as much as possible. This promises to be a fun story to read. Great review! :techie-studyinggray:
Julie Basil
Favorite Book: The Little Prince
Currently Reading: Launchpad Republic
Bookshelf Size: 201
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-basil.html
Latest Review: Voices from a Forgotten Letter by Seif-Eldeine
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Julie Basil »

This sounds like a great book for those who enjoy fantasy. Your review is very engaging and gives potential readers a good idea of what to expect. Keep up the good work!
"It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what's essential is invisible to the eye." ~ Antoine St. Exupery
Anu Anand
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anu-anand.html
Latest Review: MURDER On Big Stony Lonesome by Frederick Poss

Post by Anu Anand »

Your detailed review has truly piqued my interest in this book. I'm particularly drawn to the courageous protagonist and the captivating world you described. Looking forward to diving into this imaginative adventure.
Bettny Andrade
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bettny-andrade.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Bettny Andrade »

This book promises a lot of fiction and fantasy. It seems like a very good option, I like the premise you indicate and it is possible that at some point in the near future I will decide to do this reading. Thanks for the review
Seetha E
Currently Reading: The prodigy slave
Bookshelf Size: 178
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seetha-e.html
Latest Review: painkiller brainkiller by James m powers II

Post by Seetha E »

The book sounds fascinating and enjoyable to read. You present a fascinating summary of the qualities that entice fans of this genre to explore the beautiful realm of Jirvania, which features a promising plot, fantastic characters, and vivid writing. I'm drawn in after reading your evaluation.
Cristiano Bellucci
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristiano-bellucci.html
Latest Review: Consider It Done by Akomolede Oladapo Amos
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 540%

Post by Cristiano Bellucci »

Thank you for your beautiful review. Reading it, I thought of historical events that did something similar. Or they are doing it nowadays too.
Book allow you to fully explore a topic and immerse yourself in a deeper way than most media today. Mark Zuckerberg.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I don’t consider myself to be extremely creative, but I am glad that there are those that are. If not for them, how would I have the fiction novels that I enjoy so much? That makes this book terrifying for me and not something that I would read for pleasure. Thanks!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”