Review of Bluewater Walkabout

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Lakshya Rajput
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lakshya-rajput.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Review of Bluewater Walkabout

Post by Lakshya Rajput »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Bluewater Walkabout" by Tina Dreffin.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Imagine yourself embarking on a journey of self-discovery that calls for bravery, perseverance, mental stability, and teamwork. When it comes to travelogues, Tina Dreffin's Bluewater Walkabout is an excellent read. The author embarks on an insane and daring journey from South Africa to America via the South Atlantic Ocean with her spouse and four teenagers, including her two kids. The author's courage and dedication to the exploration are appreciated.

In addition to the author's travel experiences, the book describes her horrible previous life and how she overcame her nightmares to lead a happy present and future. The author's ability to not only move past traumatic events such as sexual assault, child loss, and other experiences but also make the decision to live the remainder of her life with hope for her family, herself, and her children is truly remarkable. I appreciate Tina for her emotional balance and mental stability. The way she has explored a roller-coaster ride in her entire life is worth applauding. I appreciate Peter, her husband, for taking care of her and making her realize the actual meaning of intimacy. 

The book is written clearly and concisely. The flawless editing has helped me delve deeper into the emotions aligned with the author. Furthermore, the author has done an incredible job explaining her experience without any hesitation. Her confidence is a great source of inspiration for other women as well. The book's 16th chapter, "Near Collision," is my favorite since it describes how the author, unprepared for climatic issues, nevertheless made a safe escape with her family.

Negatives: I didn't find any negatives or errors in the book. Formatting is great. 

Overall, the book is an amazing record of adventurous travel and an emotional ride that every human being would love to visit at least once. Every dark cloud has a silver lining, just as the author's life has. I appreciate Tina Dreffin and her husband for keeping records of every experience and making the book worth enjoying. 

I would like to rate this book 5 out of 5 stars, as everything seemed perfect. Reading, formatting, segregation of topics, and the author's ability to keep records of her travel and past experiences are appreciated.

Bluewater Walkabout
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Harshitha Nayak
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harshitha-nayak.html
Latest Review: The In-Between by Christian Espinosa
2024 Reading Goal: 55
2024 Goal Completion: 65%

Post by Harshitha Nayak »

Informative review. I have came across this book but couldn't figure out the centric theme. Now, by looking at your review I got one picture about book. Thank you
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Severed Roots
Bookshelf Size: 1026
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: 2084 by Kadon Landon Peterson
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I used to think of a walkabout as a completely solo activity. I have come to realize, however, that it is more about the journey than the number of participants. From what I can tell, Ms. Dreffin has successfully dealt with her past. Thanks!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”