Review of Man Mission

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Victory Stone
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victory-stone.html
Latest Review: Matchbox Dreams by Douglas Schwartz

Review of Man Mission

Post by Victory Stone »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Man Mission" by Eytan Uliel.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Eytan Uliel's Man Mission is a narrative that delves beyond simple travel. Numerous themes in this novel deal with friendship, maturing, and truly discovering what it means to be a man with responsibilities. The book chronicles the global travels of four buddies. The storyteller is a group of four buddies: Sam, Daniel, and Alec. For fifteen years, these buddies set off on a yearly expedition. This tradition's inception dates back to college. As maturity began to weigh heavily on them, they decided to defy convention by organizing an annual "Man Mission."

I adore that these missions don't center around opulent hotels or tourism. The book's buddies yearn for adventure, hardship, and the opportunity to push one another. The pals are always up for an adventure, whether it involves scaling treacherous peaks or getting lost. I particularly appreciate how the book accurately depicts how the first attempt at an adventure ended in comical failure. It demonstrates how many things will go wrong when plans are hurried and poorly thought out. The strong friendship between these four guys is revealed in this novel. Their concerns, hopes, and secrets are shared.

The Man Mission becomes a much-needed retreat, a chance to reconnect with their true selves, and the simple joy of male companionship when life delivers curveballs in the shape of jobs, marriages, and children. I enjoy how the book examines how the concept of masculinity is evolving. This book will appeal to anyone who loves friendship since it presents a touching and humorous narrative. It serves as a reminder that our relationships with those we consider friends and family are where the greatest experiences occur. I give this book 5 out of 5 stars since I have no dislikes.

The editing of the book is likewise superb. There are only a few grammar mistakes in it. Young guys and those with erroneous ideas about what it means to be a man and how men handle emotions should read this book.

Man Mission
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Rajaee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rajaee.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Rajaee »

This book succeeded in highlighting its core themes like maturity and responsibilities. But it failed in engaging the audience with its travel stories. Those were adventurous but not thrilling enough.
Thanks for the review.
Julie Basil
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Little Prince
Currently Reading: Circe
Bookshelf Size: 204
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-basil.html
Latest Review: Launchpad Republic by Howard Wolk and John Landry
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Julie Basil »

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed this book and appreciate the insights that you share in your review. Keep up the good work!
"It is only with the heart that one can see clearly, what's essential is invisible to the eye." ~ Antoine St. Exupery

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”