Review of Cynthia and Dan

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Alissa Deann Devargas
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alissa-deann-devargas.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Review of Cynthia and Dan

Post by Alissa Deann Devargas »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cynthia and Dan" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Some individuals simply can't handle a breakup well. They have this mindset that if I can't have this person, no one else can. They might term it love, but I don't see it as such. If you love someone, you will want to see them happy, even if that happiness doesn't come from you. I say these things because of the character Dan in Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer. The love triangle between Cynthia, Dan, and Sky made this book quite interesting.

Dan and Cynthia were dating. However, what was wrong with their relationship was the lack of fun in it. According to Cynthia, they were behaving more like friends than lovers. No wonder when Sky Eastman came into the picture, Cynthia was easily swept off her feet. It was not too long after they met that they slept with each other. But Sky was a religious man, so he felt guilty about what had happened. However, this didn't stop him from wooing Cynthia, whom he realized he loved. But there was a problem. Sky was not who he claimed to be. Will Cynthia's being wary of him destroy their relationship?

I found this book exciting. The writer was quite thorough as she explained every incident that took place in the book. This included the love triangle between Dan, Cynthia, and Sky and the suspense in the cyber war as Glenn and his team did their best to fight terrorism by altering terrorists' information. I liked the character, Sky. He was a good man who showed how true his love for Cynthia was by keeping the promise he made to his priest during confession. Cynthia was unique in her way. She gave off the vibe of a vulnerable woman, which did not reflect what she was truly capable of doing as a bodyguard for a senator.

I think the plot of this book was too simple. The characters in the book did less than their personalities portrayed. Hence, this made the book less eventful. Also, if you are not computer-literate, you'll be lost in some of the jargon that was used in some conversations. Aside from these, there was nothing else I disliked about the book. The parts of the book where I needed clarification were done justice to at the end of the book.

I give this book a 4-star rating, as I found the story fascinating, and the author did a wonderful job of interesting its readers. The book is also exceptionally well-edited. However, I removed a star because I felt the author needed to do more. The plot of the book needs just a little more spice to make it even more intriguing. I recommend it to fans of romance, private investigators, or those in any American military.

Cynthia and Dan
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
obinna Sharon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obinna-sharon.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul

Post by obinna Sharon »

Cynthia and Dan is an interesting book that focuses on cyber security, technology and also romance. These themes resonates well with the plot creating a perfect read. Welldone.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Severed Roots
Bookshelf Size: 1024
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: 2084 by Kadon Landon Peterson
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

This review is really good. Most of the reviews focus on the cyber terrorism and how that affects the outcome, but I enjoyed the theme of yours. Thanks!
williams Emerald
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: The Cackling of the Crows
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-emerald.html
Latest Review: Somawise by Luke Sniewski

Post by williams Emerald »

Your analysis of the characters depth and the balance between suspense and romance offers valuable insight into the narrative’s strengths and areas for improvement. The book is a captivating read for those drawn to multifaceted plots and dynamic characters.
Dani Elle Ele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dani-elle-ele.html
Latest Review: It Was What It Was by Daniel Pace

Post by Dani Elle Ele »

A fast paced action thriller. This book should not be skipped by fans of this genre because it is a great read
Goodness Kene
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodness-kene.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Goodness Kene »

This book is an interesting book that focuses on cyber security, technology and romance. I like the word 'breakup'. Nice review.
Nnodim Collins
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nnodim-collins.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Nnodim Collins »

Your review is the nice and an interesting book.
I have also read this book too
Christian Jordan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christian-jordan.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Christian Jordan »

Breakups can be challenging for some, leading to possessive behavior. True love entails wanting your loved one's happiness, even if it's not with you. "Cynthia and Dan" by Dorothy May Mercer explores this dynamic through the love triangle involving Cynthia, Dan, and Sky.
Julius Peters
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julius-peters.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Julius Peters »

The character dynamics between Cynthia, Dan, and Sky are compelling, with Sky’s genuine yet complex love adding depth to the story. While the book dives nto intriguing cyber warfare details, its simplicity in character action and occasional technical jargon might alienate some readers. Nonetheless, Cynthia's duality as a vulnerable yet formidable bodyguard is refreshing.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”