Review of Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella)

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priya-murugesan.html
Latest Review: Homecoming Heist by Tyson Collin

Review of Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella)

Post by Priya Murugesan »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella)" by Steve William Laible.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Stevie Tenderheart Books Wait a Minute! (An Illustrated Novella) by Steve William Laible

This book is part of a series called 'Stevie Tenderheart Books'. This fascinating bedtime story is about a silly little boy named Stevie, who loves his bed very much. When the story begins, we see him in his favorite place, his bed, ready to sleep. But now his imagination kicks in, and he fantasizes about filling his bed with his favorite things. His thoughts are racing and jumping from here to there. He visualizes filling his bed with wild things like balls, food, and even animals. You would be surprised to see how far his imagination goes, and it was very funny to read about his comical actions. It accurately depicts how young children's minds would work. Young kids would relate to Stevie and surely enjoy reading this whimsical tale.

I found the following compelling quote at the beginning of the book:

"If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. 
                   If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales." 
                                                  - Albert Einstein

You can see many quotes like this in the book, and I relished reading them. 

Illustrations are the pillars of a children's book, and this book is filled with cute, lively illustrations, which I adored. The book cover also grabbed my attention immediately.

The dedication page was heartwarming. At first glance, the book's title confused me slightly. However, after reading the book, I understood how the title was relevant to the story and very apt. The author has imbibed many good values in the book, like not eating snacks in bed, taking a good bath, etc. He also instills good eating habits in children by showing how Stevie loves to eat fruits and vegetables. He also emphasizes the importance of sleep. He mentions "being different rocks" in his story. This is a great thought that will instill confidence in children. The author's writing style is lively and has a friendly conversational tone. He poses many questions in his story, directed toward the readers. 

The editing is exceptional, and I didn't notice any errors. I loved this book and have no complaints. It is a perfect bedtime companion for young children. So my rating is 5 out of 5 stars.

Stevie Tenderheart Books WAIT A MINUTE! (An Illustrated Novella)
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
In a world where you can be anything, be kind :)
Gerry Steen
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 199
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: Self Love : Journal Your Journey by Natalie Bears

Post by Gerry Steen »

Your review shows that this book has many important messages for children and parents. The messages are: bedtime is to be cherished, it is healthy to eat fruits and vegetables, it is cool to be different, and not to eat snacks in bed. The quote from Einstein is a great message for the parents and will benefit their children. Thank you for this great review! My grandkids will love this book. :techie-studyinggray:
Martina Sette
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-martina-sette.html
Latest Review: Long Way Out by Rand Bishop
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 153%

Post by Martina Sette »

I've already read it and found it to be good! It's not my favorite in the "Stevie Tenderheart" collection, but it's still a nice story to read.
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:

Gerry Steen wrote: 05 May 2024, 08:42 Your review shows that this book has many important messages for children and parents. The messages are: bedtime is to be cherished, it is healthy to eat fruits and vegetables, it is cool to be different, and not to eat snacks in bed. The quote from Einstein is a great message for the parents and will benefit their children. Thank you for this great review! My grandkids will love this book. :techie-studyinggray:
Thanks for reading my review and sharing your views!
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:

Martina Sette wrote: 05 May 2024, 10:41 I've already read it and found it to be good! It's not my favorite in the "Stevie Tenderheart" collection, but it's still a nice story to read.
Thanks for reading my review and sharing your honest thoughts!
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

I like the quote that you quoted here from albert Einstein. I agree that reading more children fiction for kids will help them to developed their intelligent better. I think this book will be interesting. Thanks for writing the review
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
williams Emerald
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: The Cackling of the Crows
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-emerald.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by williams Emerald »

Your review beautifully captures the whimsical charm and relatable imagination of ‘Stevie Tenderheart Books,’ making it an enticing read for young children and I love the inclusion of quotes like the one from Albert Einstein adds depth to your review and underscores the value of storytelling in children’s literature.
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:

Tomy Chandrafrost wrote: 05 May 2024, 21:27 I like the quote that you quoted here from albert Einstein. I agree that reading more children fiction for kids will help them to developed their intelligent better. I think this book will be interesting. Thanks for writing the review
Thanks a lot!
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:

williams Emerald wrote: 05 May 2024, 23:39 Your review beautifully captures the whimsical charm and relatable imagination of ‘Stevie Tenderheart Books,’ making it an enticing read for young children and I love the inclusion of quotes like the one from Albert Einstein adds depth to your review and underscores the value of storytelling in children’s literature.
Thanks for reading my review and sharing your views!
williams Emerald
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: The Cackling of the Crows
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-williams-emerald.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by williams Emerald »

You’re welcome.
Cristiano Bellucci
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristiano-bellucci.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 620%

Post by Cristiano Bellucci »

Thanks for your review! I enjoyed this book too. You are right, the quotes are lovely. The author gives some suggestions to the kids too.
Book allow you to fully explore a topic and immerse yourself in a deeper way than most media today. Mark Zuckerberg.
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:

Cristiano Bellucci wrote: 06 May 2024, 01:06 Thanks for your review! I enjoyed this book too. You are right, the quotes are lovely. The author gives some suggestions to the kids too.
Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts!
_Rhea Jacob
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhea-jacob.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by _Rhea Jacob »

I read the book and I loved every part of it! Not only is the comical and hilarious, it will help in instilling a lot of good values in children while they have fun reading it. Thank you for your detailed review!
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:

_Rhea Jacob wrote: 12 May 2024, 07:15 I read the book and I loved every part of it! Not only is the comical and hilarious, it will help in instilling a lot of good values in children while they have fun reading it. Thank you for your detailed review!
Thanks for reading and replying to my review!
Yashi Shukla
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yashi-shukla.html
Latest Review: The Forbidden Man by Gerald R Knight
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 38%

Post by Yashi Shukla »

I really like it when authors include quotes in any book in general but the quotes that a included in this book are one of my favourites. You wrote a really great review for it really captures the essence of this book.
Yours truly,
Yashi Shukla

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”