Review of Quando Dormo

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chad Anthony
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chad-anthony.html
Latest Review: The Boy who Lived with Ghosts by John Mitchell

Review of Quando Dormo

Post by Chad Anthony »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Quando Dormo" by Edward Izzi.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Quando Dormo (When I Sleep) by Edward Izzi is a fictional work centered around David, a 50-year-old highly skilled, talented, outstanding, and successful obstetrician who was termed egoistic, self-centered, and narcissistic because he had some personal core values that he wasn't ready to trade for anything, though he wasn't a saint either as he had other habits and traits as well. All of these were used as tools by his enemies to threaten his existence and ruin his life completely.

What are these traits and values? Who are his enemies? What are these core values? What's his habit? Was he able to escape from the snares of his enemies? How did it all go? You'll find out in this all-encompassing and highly educational book.

Though I have quite some favorite characters in the book, my favorite of them all was Jeanne. Her undying quest to search for the love of her life who was lost was challenging and mind-blowing. She never gave up despite the obstacles she met; she kept at it till she eventually found him. It's such a great attribute.

Little Tony was also a person someone should have in their lives once in a lifetime. He trusted his nephew and tried all he could to get him out of jail; he said it, and he made it happen. Even when he had to go the extra mile, he did it anyway.

Hilarious, Adriana, Jeanne’s best friend, told David she could help make all his little problems go away, and he replied, 'Really? And who are you? The fairy godmother?' It was really rib-cracking for me, and sarcastic as well.

A part of the book got me emotional, and this was where David was accused of crimes he knew he didn't commit, especially when he wasn't even sure anymore if he was guilty or not. The psychological trauma he went through while in jail after having been a well-respected person professionally and socially—the whole thing almost got me to tears.

This book is for adults, as it cuts across family, politics, health, law and order, religion, and social and personal values.

Everyone has the right to adhere to their core values and should be allowed to function well in any capacity they operate in without making them feel less like humans or victimized.

Political leaders and people in power should note that laws should be made to solely make life easy for the people, as everything done should be centered around them and not fulfill their selfish desires without considering the effects on the masses.

Bad habits and traits, if not dealt with early enough, can destroy a lifetime achievement of professional excellence, a good reputation, and hard-earned local or global recognition by making the richest of men and women homeless and penniless, bringing them to nothing, and turning a hero to zero. These are such powerful factors one needs to be mindful of, as they are a weakness to the individual and a tool of strength to his or her enemies; hence, one becomes prey to the predator. It is wise to tread with caution.

Relationships are very vital; we need people in our lives, the ones who can fight for us and with us. The ones who can drag us out of our self-dug pits without judging us, who would profess solutions instead of dwelling on the problems and passing blame. Friends and family who truly love us and who would cross the bridge, swim the oceans, and climb mountains to ensure our well-being. Are there still men and women like that? Of course, there are; you just look around.

I must commend the author for such a great book. I enjoyed every part of this book, and I must say that it was a job well done as the pages were well numbered, no typographical error was discovered, and also, while reading the book, I felt like my imagination was activated in such a mind-blowing way. Though the book has quite a number of profane words, I'd still rate it 5 out of 5. It's such a wonderful book. I had no dislike for the book.

In addition, it's alright to kindly seek professional help when you need it and not wait till it all gets complicated, especially in cases where a healer needs a healer.

Quando Dormo
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Anthony Ambrose
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony-ambrose.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Anthony Ambrose »

Quando Dormo (When I Sleep)" by Edward Izzi sounds like an intriguing fictional work that explores the complexities of human nature and the challenges faced by its protagonist, David.
Christian Jordan
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christian-jordan.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi

Post by Christian Jordan »

**Quando Dormo (When I Sleep)** by Edward Izzi centers on David, a 50-year-old successful obstetrician. Despite his skill and talent, he's labeled egoistic and narcissistic due to his unyielding personal values. His enemies exploit his traits and habits to threaten his existence and ruin his life.
Robert Cortes
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robert-cortes.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Robert Cortes »

As a prospective reader, this review provides an in-depth and enthusiastic glimpse into "Quando Dormo (When I Sleep)" by Edward Izzi. The novel centers on David, a talented yet controversial obstetrician whose core values and personal habits become tools for his enemies to threaten his existence. The review highlights key questions that drive the plot, such as the nature of David's traits and values, the identity of his enemies, and whether he manages to overcome the threats against him.

Your review praises the character development, particularly noting Jeanne's relentless search for her lost love and Little Tony's unwavering support for his nephew. These characters exemplify loyalty and determination, adding depth and emotional resonance to the story.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”