Review of Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape)

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Renee S
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-renee-s.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 43%

Review of Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape)

Post by Renee S »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape)" by Steve William Laible.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

I've enjoyed Stevie Tenderheart books before, so I was excited to read another one by Steve William Laible called "Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape)." The story is about a boy named Billy. He doesn't like going to bed early when there’s still daylight outside. So, he plans to sneak out of bed and have some nighttime enjoyment. This plan of his is known as "The Great Escape," as hinted in the book's title.

In the book, we get to read about Billy's adventures, where even though he gets into trouble sometimes, Billy never gives up. He's always thinking of new ways to solve problems and have fun. Along the way, he picks up a lot of life lessons about successes, setbacks, and unintended consequences.

I don’t have any criticisms about the book. Let me share a few things that I do like about the book. First is the inclusion of photographs depicting Billy, other people, places, and even animals. This makes it easy for readers to connect with the characters and immerse themselves in Billy's adventures. Second, the book is not just about enjoyment and adventure but also has some educational value. It introduces new vocabulary with clear explanations and also shares insights into concepts like time zones and weather conditions. Further, the book's editing is commendable, for it is free of errors.

Overall, "Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape)" is a fun read that children and adults can enjoy alike. I rate it 5 out of 5 stars for its engaging use of pictures, playful language and tone, educational components, and professional presentation.

I recommend "Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape)" to kids who enjoy fun and adventurous stories, as well as to adults who like reading with their children.

Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape)
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Gerry Steen
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: House of Eire by June Gillam

Post by Gerry Steen »

Thank you for reviewing this wonderful children's book. Billy jack is a well-developed character that children will be amused with. The fact that children will learn the importance of solving problems from Billy Jack's example in the book is good enough for me. Great review! :techie-studyinggray:
Renee S
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-renee-s.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 43%

Post by Renee S »

Gerry Steen wrote: 07 May 2024, 17:51 Thank you for reviewing this wonderful children's book. Billy jack is a well-developed character that children will be amused with. The fact that children will learn the importance of solving problems from Billy Jack's example in the book is good enough for me. Great review! :techie-studyinggray:
Indeed, Billy Jack is a character that kids will most likely love. Thanks, Gerry, for your kind words.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”