Review of Wisdom

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Risper Ouma Anyango
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-risper-ouma-anyango.html
Latest Review: Are You Love Smart or Love Stupid by Dr. Rachel Sims

Review of Wisdom

Post by Risper Ouma Anyango »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Wisdom" by Arun mago.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Life can be lived either wisely or foolishly. If you wish to live your life wisely, then you should get yourself a copy of the book Wisdom by Arun Mago. This book covers several topics such as life itself, money, cell phones, work, relationships, women, and success, among others. The author offers his opinion and advice on these topics and will leave you asking yourself several questions or possibly changing your life so that you can live it wisely. To find out more, you can please go ahead and read this book.

There are several things I liked about the book. I liked the advice given by the author. The author advises on several topics such as money, relationships, work, emotions, and patience, among others. The advice I liked most was about getting connected with nature and staying out of the box. A box is anything that limits us from connecting with nature. An example of this can be your phone. I agree with the author that most humans are nowadays stuck in boxes that they are addicted to. They should, however, learn to get out of them and connect with the beautiful world around us.

Some of the topics discussed were also very crucial and left me with life-changing lessons. One of these topics was about cell phones. Most people view cell phones as one of the best technological developments because it has made life easier and turned the world into a global village. Most people, however, forget that cell phones can also be a prison because they can become your own created jail. I, therefore, learned not to over-rely on my phone but start putting my brain to work or else I will be a slave to my phone forever.

One of the things I didn't like is that none of the concepts said by the author are new. I have read most of the information in the book before so it felt like I was just reminding myself of things I already knew. Another thing I didn't like was that there were several empty pages. This made the book seem disorganized and poorly written. It also had several errors so it wasn't professionally edited.

For the reasons stated above, I rate this book 3 out of 5 stars. I recommend this book to anyone looking for advice on all major life topics because the book covers several topics.

Wisdom
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Stephen Christopher 1
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: Hunger of the Pine
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephen-christopher-1.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Stephen Christopher 1 »

Hi Risper, I'm also finding this challenge with current self-help books. They're not offering anything new or fresh; they're just rehashing what's already out there. For that reason, I'll give this one a miss, and I'm really seeking something more. Thanks for the excellent review.
RJ Reviews
Currently Reading: Weep For Love
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rj-reviews.html
Latest Review: Requiem For A Queen by Kaylin McFarren
Reading Device: 1400697484
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 112%

Post by RJ Reviews »

I suppose, after some time, self-help books start to become repetitive. There may be a big market for such books, but I wish they would bring something new to the table. The presence of errors and disorganized formatting discourage me from picking up this book. I appreciate your honest opinion on this book. Thank you.
"The gods grow jealous of too much contentment anywhere, and they show their displeasure all of a sudden.” - R. K. Narayan, Maldudi Days
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Severed Roots
Bookshelf Size: 1026
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: 2084 by Kadon Landon Peterson
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

It is nice to read the opinions of others on these subjects, but it is also crucial to realize that everyone uses technology in their own way and for their own unique purposes. Thanks!
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priya-murugesan.html
Latest Review: Homecoming Heist by Tyson Collin

Post by Priya Murugesan »

I have read this book and totally agree with your views!
In a world where you can be anything, be kind :)
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

I agree with you about the cliche of the topics. Nothing unique or fresh perspective regarding what he wrote there, so I give it even an lower score than you. Thanks for delivering your thoughts here
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Jenna Padayachee
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Kybalion
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenna-padayachee.html
Latest Review: The Unfakeable Code® by Tony Jeton Selimi
Signature Addition: Jenna Padayachee

Post by Jenna Padayachee »

Thank you for an honest review.
I wish to live wisely, and in the event I do, at some point, pick this book up, I gather it will be simply for a reminder of this when things get dim.
Nature is beautiful, and I also love technology; I believe both have their place in our contribution as wholesome human beings, as with all things, balance is key, sometimes a reminder from a different perspective is great on its own accord!
"Mastering others is strength; mastering yourself is true power." Lao Tzu
Jenna Padayachee
Tomi Ahmed
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomi-ahmed.html
Latest Review: A Killer Within by Rosemarie B. Smith
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
2024 Reading Goal: 35
2024 Goal Completion: 40%

Post by Tomi Ahmed »

This review offers a balanced perspective on Arun Mago's *Wisdom*. The reviewer appreciates the author's practical advice on various life topics, particularly the insights on connecting with nature and the critical view on cell phone dependency. These elements provide valuable, thought-provoking content. However, the reviewer notes that much of the information feels repetitive, lacking originality, and mentions issues with the book's organization and editing. These drawbacks contribute to a rating of 3 out of 5 stars. Despite these issues, the book is recommended for readers seeking general life advice across a range of important subjects.
Tomi Ahmed
Rahul Singh 29
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rahul-singh-29.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by Rahul Singh 29 »

The author’s advice on various topics, including money, relationships, work, emotions, and patience. It’s essential to consider different perspectives and learn from others’ experiences.
Life is a play where we are the actors and the audience, We laugh and cry, love and hate, create and destroy,
We seek to know ourselves and others, to belong and to be free, We accept what we can and change what we must.
MAHAD BAIG MIRZA
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mahad-baig-mirza.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 55%

Post by MAHAD BAIG MIRZA »

This review provides a balanced perspective on "Wisdom" by Arun Mago, highlighting its insightful advice on various life topics such as money, relationships, and technology addiction. As per reviewer, despite the familiarity of some concepts, the book offers valuable reminders for living wisely, although criticisms of its organization and editing detract from its overall rating.
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”