Review of Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape)

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priya-murugesan.html
Latest Review: Homecoming Heist by Tyson Collin

Review of Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape)

Post by Priya Murugesan »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape)" by Steve William Laible.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible

This is a charming tale about a silly and very independent boy named Billy Jack. The story starts with Billy tossing in his bed restlessly. His parents' usual routine is sending him to bed early, and he is grumpy about that. He doesn't want to sleep too soon while it is still daylight outside. He fantasizes that while all the other kids are playing merrily, he is being punished by his parents. So he thinks of a way to break out of his room. He then concocts 'The Great Escape'. He begins by building a mock body. The rest of the story deals with how he slips away from his room and what ridiculous situations he faces afterward. 

The narrative is witty, and it brought lots of smiles to my face. After the escape starts, the story is just entertaining to read. I can visualize little Billy's funny acts.  Billy's imagination is wild which can be witnessed throughout the book. At one point in the story, Billy is referred to as 'Rambo' and I felt it was very apt. Even though I am an adult, I was interested in seeing how the story ended.

I adored the book cover. It relates well to the story. I can very well imagine that little boy doing all kinds of silly things. The author's writing style is very descriptive, which can be noted well in the scene where Billy builds a mock body. The meanings of the difficult words are provided within the story, which will be informative for the children. Billy Jack provides geographical details about the North Pole and Alaska within the story. He also states some scientific facts behind the sun's rotation and revolution.

The author stresses the importance of playing outside. In today's world, kids spend most of their time in front of their gadgets and miss their playtime with nature. This should be avoided, and kids should engage in physical play outside. Billy says comically that kids should have scars, which I believe is true.

I loved the story, and I have no complaints. Kids will enjoy reading this hilarious bedtime story. The editing is meticulous, and I didn't notice any errors. I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. 

Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape)
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
In a world where you can be anything, be kind :)
Gerry Steen
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 199
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: Self Love : Journal Your Journey by Natalie Bears

Post by Gerry Steen »

:techie-studyinggray: Any book that encourages children to play outside is worthy of consideration. This book is one of those, as you have pointed out in this review. The kids will have a blast reading this book. Billy jack is quite a going concern! Great review!
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:

Gerry Steen wrote: 07 May 2024, 17:43 :techie-studyinggray: Any book that encourages children to play outside is worthy of consideration. This book is one of those, as you have pointed out in this review. The kids will have a blast reading this book. Billy jack is quite a going concern! Great review!
Thanks for sharing your views, Gerry!
Tomy Chandrafrost
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tomy-chandrafrost.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by Tomy Chandrafrost »

As a fellow reader, I can resonate with your experience while reading this book. I agree with most of your perspectives here, that this book is well-written. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Glad we can resonate in the book reading experience here.
Your Sincerely
Tomy Chandra
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:

Tomy Chandrafrost wrote: 07 May 2024, 21:49 As a fellow reader, I can resonate with your experience while reading this book. I agree with most of your perspectives here, that this book is well-written. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Glad we can resonate in the book reading experience here.
Thanks for reading my review and replying!
Cristiano Bellucci
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristiano-bellucci.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 620%

Post by Cristiano Bellucci »

Thank you very much for your review, Priya! I had the same reaction to this book. I found myself smiling and having fun reading it.
Book allow you to fully explore a topic and immerse yourself in a deeper way than most media today. Mark Zuckerberg.
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:

Cristiano Bellucci wrote: 08 May 2024, 01:03 Thank you very much for your review, Priya! I had the same reaction to this book. I found myself smiling and having fun reading it.
Glad to know that you too loved this book!
Muhammad Haikal Birton
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-muhammad-haikal-birton.html
Latest Review: Anti-Black Prejudice In America by Anders Eklof

Post by Muhammad Haikal Birton »

This review is a glowing endorsement of the book "Billy Jack's Great Escape". The reviewer praises the story's wit, humor, and ability to evoke smiles and laughter. They appreciate the vivid descriptions of Billy's imaginative escapades and the way the author brings the character to life.
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:

Muhammad Haikal Birton wrote: 08 May 2024, 03:45 This review is a glowing endorsement of the book "Billy Jack's Great Escape". The reviewer praises the story's wit, humor, and ability to evoke smiles and laughter. They appreciate the vivid descriptions of Billy's imaginative escapades and the way the author brings the character to life.
Thank you for your kind words!
Charmaine Mahlangu
Favorite Book: Defining a free man from a black stream
Currently Reading: The hyena stare
Bookshelf Size: 80
2024 Reading Goal: 500
2024 Goal Completion: 14%

Post by Charmaine Mahlangu »

Just by going through this review I know that I am going to live this book. I love the mischievous kids they have always brought smiles to my faces and they happen to be smarter than most. Books that encourage kids to be outside and have relations with other kids is great. I don't believe in the internet raising your child but in this day and age nothing really is truly safe. This is my next read.
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:

:?:
Charmaine Mahlangu wrote: 08 May 2024, 04:09 Just by going through this review I know that I am going to live this book. I love the mischievous kids they have always brought smiles to my faces and they happen to be smarter than most. Books that encourage kids to be outside and have relations with other kids is great. I don't believe in the internet raising your child but in this day and age nothing really is truly safe. This is my next read.
Thanks for reading my review! Kindly share your views after reading the book. I hope you will love it!
Martina Sette
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-martina-sette.html
Latest Review: Tour of Duty by William H. Coles
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 153%

Post by Martina Sette »

I've already read it and I liked a lot! It's a delightful tale filled with humor and imagination. Billy Jack's antics and his quest for freedom kept me entertained from start to finish.
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:

Martina Sette wrote: 09 May 2024, 04:33 I've already read it and I liked a lot! It's a delightful tale filled with humor and imagination. Billy Jack's antics and his quest for freedom kept me entertained from start to finish.
Thanks for sharing your views!
_Rhea Jacob
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhea-jacob.html
Latest Review: Shades of My Mother by Nancy Descoteaux Culos

Post by _Rhea Jacob »

I have another Stevie Tenderheart book and I agree, Billy's adventures are both ridiculous and funny and children will love to read it!
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:

_Rhea Jacob wrote: 11 May 2024, 09:30 I have another Stevie Tenderheart book and I agree, Billy's adventures are both ridiculous and funny and children will love to read it!
I totally agree with you!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”