Review of 480 Codorus Street

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Stephen Somtochukwu Ezeme
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephen-somtochukwu-ezeme.html
Latest Review: A King Amongst Us by A.D. Lewis

Review of 480 Codorus Street

Post by Stephen Somtochukwu Ezeme »

[Following is a volunteer review of "480 Codorus Street" by Sandra L. Kearse-Stockton.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

480 Codorus Street by Sandra L. Kearse-Stockton is a memoir. This book is the second in a series and focuses on the author's life experiences. At the young age of 19, she lost her husband and was left to raise four children all by herself. However, her life took a turn as she met Aaron Edward Stockton, a military officer. The author found solace in their relationship and believed he would make a great husband. As the relationship continued, the author was plagued with doubts and fears about their impending marriage, thinking that her imperfections and limitations might ruin their union. What are these fears? What are these limitations? What is the faith of their relationships? Readers will find out from the book.

The book is a heartwarming and detailed account of the author's life journey. It delves into her fears and limitations, exploring their impact on her relationship with Aaron. The author's writing style is captivating, drawing the reader into her world and making them feel like a part of the story. The book is an emotional rollercoaster, with highs and lows, and the reader cannot help but empathize with the author's struggles.

I like the book cover as it explains the summation of the book's subject matter. The sincerity of the narration is a positive aspect of the book. Readers will appreciate the story as it is free from bias. I do not dislike the book. There are no negative aspects to the book. The editing is flawless.

I also like the protective nature of Sandra towards her children and the respect she exudes in her relationships. I rate the book 480 Codorus Street by Sandra L. Kearse-Stockton 5 out of 5 stars. The reasons for my rating are above.

I recommend the book 480 Codorus Street to anyone who loves memoirs. I also recommend it to young adults and single mothers. It is a well-written, detailed, and inspiring story of love, loss, and the power of resilience.

480 Codorus Street
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Stephen Somtochukwu Ezeme
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephen-somtochukwu-ezeme.html
Latest Review: A King Amongst Us by A.D. Lewis

Post by Stephen Somtochukwu Ezeme »

Who loves the firm live portrayed in the book?
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1026
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: 2084 by Kadon Landon Peterson
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I am not a big fan of memoirs. This one, however, seems to focus on howSandra feels inadequate and how she overcame this. I don’t feel judge by her, at least how you portray her. Thanks!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”