Review of Love Letters to the Virgin Mary

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Harshitha Nayak
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harshitha-nayak.html
Latest Review: The Adventurers of Uncle Billy & Ross by Solon Phillips, Esq.
2024 Reading Goal: 55
2024 Goal Completion: 69%

Review of Love Letters to the Virgin Mary

Post by Harshitha Nayak »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Love Letters to the Virgin Mary" by David Richards.]
Book Cover
2 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The themes of faith, trust in God, establishing oneself through a journey, and several Christian beliefs are central to this book.
The subjects were mostly broken down into five books, each with a distinct title, like The Letter of the Pandemic, The Letter of Thunder, The Letter of Love, The Letter of David, and The Spaniard. Each letter section represents a distinct stage of life, and the author transported us to a world of love, faith, and hope by emphasizing these stages throughout each of these chapters.
The concept and power of imagination in the current environment, as well as how information is readily available and accessible for the next stages of the trip, are discussed in the book's introduction. The religious facts, their origins, and the author's own opinions are first addressed.

With the title "The Spaniard," the writer revealed to us the lovely aspect of the amazing story that involved Marcus, Mariah, and their kid. Marcus served as a soldier for Rome, working side by side with Caesar Augustus, the emperor of that city.
He was a superb soldier and commander because he had confidence in himself, developed his strength, and had a clear vision for Rome. He was a wonderful husband and parent because of his love for his family. War, Rome, being a soldier, his wife and son, life, death, and ultimately a destiny are all major themes in his journey. His spiritual correspondents discuss life and death.

Regarding “The Letter of David," the author's narration touched on his early years, his family, and the ways in which they shaped him. He made an imaginary companion, whom he took to be Jesus, and used him as a guide through life.
He encountered significant individuals, formed many kinds of connections, and went through highs and lows in life. The following section also includes information on his academic career, athletic hobbies, and the beginnings of his aquatic life.
The concept of love evolved out of many complex interactions, outcomes, life experiences, and introspection. All of the factors add up to life experience in the end.

He expressed his passion for the games in “The Letter of Thunder." When he was with his father, he improved himself, and they played games.
This part is dedicated to his father, his games, and his accomplishments. It includes his favorite games and his father's advice.

The writer's journey is the subject of “The Letter of the Pandemic." This part is devoted to the author, detailing how he needed meditation's assistance to recover and regain equilibrium. The dynamics of his connection with Sara and her husband and how it allowed him to express himself and ask for aid when needed.
The two voices he heard—one feminine and the other masculine—inspired his writing, and together they provided him with a fantastic tale to tell. This is how he was able to write about the love that existed between King David and the Virgin Mary, and the letter portion does a good job of narrating his life as a writer.

I rate this book 2 out of 5. The narration about the central character's life journey as a writer and member of the Marines is good. The book provided readers with insights into that lifestyle and is quite thorough. The book's effect was increased by the quotes and letters that were included throughout.

The writing style and the explanation didn't help me ease into the story at the beginning, and the first plotline itself is the most challenging aspect of knowing what we can genuinely expect from the book.
When we finally made it into the main stream, the tale really split into several books and sections, which made it quite confusing to read. It was difficult to grasp what was going on in each chapter since the transition from one chapter to the next was unclear, and the plot backdrop lacked clarity. It made reading the entire book difficult.
I've read the book at least twice over key passages to really grasp its significance. Even though I generally understood the author's idea or aim, it could not reach me effectively. 
Overall, the writing, particularly the story's division, caused a lot of confusion and was not an entertaining read. Regarding grammatical and grammatical errors, the editing team performed well.

Love Letters to the Virgin Mary
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Gerry Steen
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 205
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: Self Love : Journal Your Journey by Natalie Bears

Post by Gerry Steen »

The author should have found a way to tie the different themes of the chapters together. Maybe each chapter was meant to stand alone. I guess the author should have made it clear one way or another. Thank you for your honest review.
MAHAD BAIG MIRZA
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mahad-baig-mirza.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by MAHAD BAIG MIRZA »

This review is intriguing because it delves into the thematic richness and structure of the book, offering insights into its exploration of faith and journey. Additionally, the reviewer's honest assessment of the narrative's clarity and writing style adds depth to their critique, making it engaging to read.
Harshitha Nayak
Currently Reading:

Gerry Steen wrote: 25 May 2024, 13:55 The author should have found a way to tie the different themes of the chapters together. Maybe each chapter was meant to stand alone. I guess the author should have made it clear one way or another. Thank you for your honest review.
May be out of the books I have read till today, this one challenged me. I literally questioned my reading ability, when I couldn't comprehend what's going on the book, finally with so many rereads i understand somehow.
Harshitha Nayak
Currently Reading:

MAHAD BAIG MIRZA wrote: 27 May 2024, 12:33 This review is intriguing because it delves into the thematic richness and structure of the book, offering insights into its exploration of faith and journey. Additionally, the reviewer's honest assessment of the narrative's clarity and writing style adds depth to their critique, making it engaging to read.
Thank you.
Priya Murugesan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priya-murugesan.html
Latest Review: Beating Death (resubmission) by Sean O’Banion

Post by Priya Murugesan »

An honest review! I am not interested in reading this book and your review strengthened it.
In a world where you can be anything, be kind :)
Stephen Christopher 1
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading: The Haunting of Towne Point Mall
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephen-christopher-1.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 64%

Post by Stephen Christopher 1 »

As you know, I've just struggled to read a difficult book as well. If they're not easy, they're not enjoyable. I'll skip this one too, based on the issues you've mentioned.
Rajaee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rajaee.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Post by Rajaee »

I have been planning to read this book for some time now. But based on your review, I don't think I would like it or enjoy it.
Thanks for the review.
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Cristiano Bellucci
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristiano-bellucci.html
Latest Review: Silo 42: Deception by Zev Paiss
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 660%

Post by Cristiano Bellucci »

Thank you for your review. It seems that there are many aspects worth reading. The overall assembly makes the book difficult to grasp. Maybe it suits better more books.
Book allow you to fully explore a topic and immerse yourself in a deeper way than most media today. Mark Zuckerberg.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”