Review by charlesjr2 -- Escape by Belle Ami

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
charlesjr2
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlesjr2.html
Latest Review: "Escape" by Belle Ami

Review by charlesjr2 -- Escape by Belle Ami

Post by charlesjr2 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Escape" by Belle Ami.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Escape by Belle Ami takes place in four different countries; America, Saudi Arabia, Israel and Iran, with Iran being the core country were the major events unfolded. Iran (known for their nuclear weapon) developed a new nuclear weapon called uranium centrifuges, which would be really instrumental in the time of war. Only the most deep secretive agents have access to this product of which one of them is Cyrus Hassani.

Far from a war story, the novel takes the reader on a journey on how two people, from two different worlds, due to the most unlikely of circumstances, have their world spinning like a rollercoaster only to collide against each other.

Layla Wallace is a student of Havard university running her master's in history of art and architecture. She decides to go on a vacation with her boyfriend Zamir( who comes from a royale Saudi family) after her exams to meet his parents, and to also have a good time. It was there that she and Zamir where kidnapped and taken to Iran. Aleck Wallace(Layla's father) is a nuclear physicist for MIT. He warns Layla not to go to Saudi Arabia with her boyfriend due to justifiable reasons, but was ignored by Layla. After finding out she was kidnapped, he tries to use all the connection he had gotten over the years to get her back home safely. But will all his efforts be to no avail, or will she make it back home safely?

Cyrus on the other hand is a secretive agent of oghab2 in Iran. He is a man that has cut off all emotional ties with the world, but all of that changed when he was given specific instructions to get Layla out of the prison in Tehran and take her as his own captive. He start to get an emotional connection with some lady he just met that was sort of beyond his control. Would he give in to such feeling? Would those feelings also be reciprocated by Layla?

Before anything, I would like to commend the author on the vividness in the description of those places, which left me wondering if the author has travelled a lot, or he/she worked really hard when doing the research. Also, the book was written in a thirds person point of view, but occasional switched to seeing things from the characters point of view involved, which I found really creative.

The plot was well structured with events unfolding at a fast pace and in a way that you don't see coming. The introduction of characters where also smooth to help the plots structure, and the conversations between the characters did not seem forced. Themes of love, sacrifice, strength and courage where also present in this book, which made it all the more interesting.

I really enjoyed the action-packed events which made it hard for me to take my eyes off of it for even a second. Also the romance between the two protagonist seemed realistic and unforced.

Although I really enjoyed the book a lot, but during the later stages, it became a little bit predictable for me, which took the stink out of the suspense for me a little bit. That being said, I did not enjoy the book any less.

I would have to rate this book a complete 4 out of 4 because I enjoyed every minute of the book, and the predictability at the end was not really enough to put me off. I also did not see the presence of any grammatical errors, the book was professionally edited.

Escape
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Like charlesjr2's review? Post a comment saying so!
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by Amagine »

I've always seen this book and been interested in it. It seems like a good read.

Great Review! ?
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
charlesjr2

Post by charlesjr2 »

Yeah, even the cover page is really eye catching. Thanks for the reply.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Five Little Pigs
Bookshelf Size: 2290
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Thank you for the great review! I am not sure the book is for me, but I am glad you enjoyed it. :)
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
charlesjr2

Post by charlesjr2 »

I'm happy that you like the review, and thanks for the reply.
kislany
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 527
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kislany.html
Latest Review: Golden Skies by Juan Zapata

Post by kislany »

Oh wow, sounds riveting and full of suspense. I'm glad that the book has no grammatical errors for a change...kudos to the author.
Mallory Whitaker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mallory-whitaker.html
Latest Review: Color Me American by Silvia Sama-Lambiv

Post by Mallory Whitaker »

A book that is still just as good even when the suspense is gone? Count me in. Great review!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Testing
Bookshelf Size: 488
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I'm glad you enjoyed this even if it did turn out to be a bit predictable! Thanks for the review.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Darakhshan Nazir
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darakhshan-nazir.html
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Darakhshan Nazir »

I have read this book and also rated it 4 . Admirable review
Do Read And Comment On My Latest Review!!
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
charlesjr2

Post by charlesjr2 »

Darakhshan Nazir wrote:I have read this book and also rated it 4 . Admirable review
Yeah thanks for the reply.
ritah
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 03345">The Darziods' Stone</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ritah.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by ritah »

I read this book and absolutely loved it - I'm glad you enjoyed it too.
The Researcher
Currently Reading: Buried Threads
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-researcher.html
Latest Review: "Curve Couture" by H M Irwing
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by The Researcher »

Nice review. I have also read and reviewed this book. I also enjoyed it thoroughly.
What is the most special thing I did today- I was MYSELF. Happy and in love and unapologetically myself.
Latest Review: "Curve Couture" by H M Irwing
Yoli García
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yoli-garc-a.html
Latest Review: Dagger's Destiny by Linnea Tanner

Post by Yoli García »

Sounds like an interesting story since it has suspense, action, and romance. Seems modern too. I think that if the descriptions of places are so vivid it means probably the author visited them. I enjoyed reading your review!
"What matters in life is not what happens to you but what you remember and how you remember it."

-Gabriel García Márquez

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”