Review of Cynthia and Dan

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
rudi dani
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rudi-dani.html
Latest Review: Coming Full Circle by Budd Titlow
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 48%

Review of Cynthia and Dan

Post by rudi dani »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cynthia and Dan" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Cynthia and Dan: Cyber War by Dorothy May Mercer immerses you in the riveting world of cyber warfare. This engaging story is a tornado of tension, romance, mystery, and intrigue that will keep readers turning the pages from beginning to conclusion.

Cynthia, Senator Mike McBride's receptionist and chief bodyguard, navigates Washington's dangerous world of political intrigues and terrorist plans. When a strange drone crashes near the White House, Cynthia, her brother Glenn, and a team of computer professionals embark on a dangerous investigation that will test her to her limits. As the story progresses, Cynthia finds herself divided between her loyalty to her country and her burgeoning affections for a strange guy named Sky, who was in a relationship with Sergeant Dan at the time. Will her new romance damage all she cherishes?

"Cynthia and Dan" is a captivating story that effectively blends suspense, passion, and mystery, taking readers on a rollercoaster ride full of unexpected twists and turns. Mercer's rigorous research shows through, presenting readers with a thorough understanding of cyber warfare and modern investigative methods, which I greatly appreciated.

While the book is full of suspense and instructional value, some readers, like myself, may find Cynthia's conduct about her personal relationships and Sergeant Dan's unresolved fate disturbing. Despite these minor problems, Cynthia and Dan: Cyber War is a captivating read that will have you wanting more.

Dorothy May Mercer's Cynthia and Dan: Cyber War has a good five-star rating from me. Despite my previous criticisms, I absolutely enjoyed it, finding the tale attractive and fascinating. In my opinion, it certainly merits a full rating. Additionally, I encountered no errors while reading, and the editing was immaculate.

So, if you enjoy adrenaline-fueled thrillers, explore the world of cyberwarfare. Purchase a copy of Cynthia and Dan: Cyber War today and prepare to be captivated.

Cynthia and Dan
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Bradley Twesten
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bradley-twesten.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Bradley Twesten »

I really enjoyed your review. I had a different take on some of Mercer's narrative and didn't particularly think the characters were very well developed.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Severed Roots
Bookshelf Size: 1026
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: 2084 by Kadon Landon Peterson
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I found it difficult to believe that someone with Cynthia’s obvious high intellect could be so inattentive to the changes in her own body. Thanks!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”