Review by Rach93 -- The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rach93
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rach93.html
Latest Review: "Breaking Sandcastles" by Kirk Burris
Reading Device: B012F4HVBE

Review by Rach93 -- The 11.05 Murders by Brian O'Hare

Post by Rach93 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A mystifying, good read with more twists and turns than a roller coaster ride. That will keep you guessing who did the murders right through til the end. In The 11.05 Murders, O’Hare addresses issues that still effect most women in the modern world, such as sexism, violent stalking and domestic abuse as well as sending your brain on a wild goose chase trying to work out who done it.

After WDS Denise Stewart is bullied by colleagues at the Lisburn Station, she finds herself transferred to the Strandtown Police Station where everyone no matter of gender is considered part of the team and where everyone part of that team has each others back. This is proven to WDS Stewart when the team is investigating two gruesome murders while trying to stop a third from murder happening. With so many if, buts and maybes that will keep changing the course of the investigation sending the team on a wild goose chase as well as bringing to light a 12 year old evnetual fatal rape case that was never reported, which leads the team to who actually done the murders and why, while tackling other cases such as viloent stalking and domestic abuse.

What I like about this book is how O’Hare’s eye to detail makes you feel like you are a character in the book, that you are at the actual scenes that are described in the book and that you are part of the team. Every little piece of new information keeps you sitting on the edge of your seat and wanting to read more and more. Very gripping. Also I like the fact that O’Hare has been able to mix a lot of the most common issues that people face in day to day life. To create an illusion that you are not alone, making you understand how those people effected may feel in those particular situations. Also the amount of information that O’Hare has researched to get the impacts of all situations in this book is rather well done.

I give this book The 11.05 Murders a rating of 3 out of 4. If you love the thrill of a good mystrious book then this is definitely the book for you.

I found the following few errors throughout the book: On page 5 in the sentence “ she just wanted to know if you could you just go up and be with her for a while” Grammar error with an extra you in between could and just. The second error that I found was a spelling error on page 121 though should be through. Third error I found was another spelling error on page 187 though again should be through. And the fourth and final error that I found was a grammar error which made the sentence not make sense this was on page 213 “He had left her home…” Not sure what this is meant but thought it was worth while to note.

The 11.05 Murders
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Like Rach93's review? Post a comment saying so!
Mallory Whitaker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mallory-whitaker.html
Latest Review: Color Me American by Silvia Sama-Lambiv

Post by Mallory Whitaker »

Great review! I really enjoyed reading this book too, despite the technical errors. There really weren't too many though! I loved the mystery and thought the author had a great eye for detail as well.
Rach93
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rach93.html
Reading Device: B012F4HVBE

Post by Rach93 »

Thank you Mallory :)

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”