Review by Rach93 -- Breaking Sandcastles by Kirk Burris

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rach93
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rach93.html
Latest Review: "Breaking Sandcastles" by Kirk Burris
Reading Device: B012F4HVBE

Review by Rach93 -- Breaking Sandcastles by Kirk Burris

Post by Rach93 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Breaking Sandcastles" by Kirk Burris.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Breaking Sandcastles by Kirk Burris is a romance story that will grab at the heartstrings as you are literally taken on a journey of a lifetime, following the lives and adventures of Jonathon and Marion Duquesne.

The story starts off in the present time where a life changing event occurs to the couple which leads you on a journey down memory lane to the past. You learn how they met, how they became to being a couple and their journey through life until you met up with them in the present reminiscing on what once was. Not only do you join Jonathon and Marion down memory lane, but you follow their closest friends and their family including their children on the journey as well. Which gives you a view from all directions.

I really did enjoy this book. I am not one to really read a romance novel, but this one had me intrigued from the moment I read the synopsis. I give this book a 3 out 4 rating.

Breaking Sandcastles I found to be quite lighthearted and comical in many places. The journey that the author Kirk Burris took you on with these two main characters was absolutely lovely. I liked the fact that each detail was explained so that you could get a nice little picture in your head and where the story line flicked from present to past was absolutely flawless. I have found that sometimes a story line can get a bit lost and confusing for most readers when authors try to flick from one scene to another, but this one did not do that at all. Truly a thumbs up to you Kirk Burris :D

As I mentioned earlier I give this book a 3 out of 4 rating. I would of given a 4 out of 4 like it deserves. However I did find these five errors that unfortunately brought the rating down:
1) On page 100 "their lightning flashing in the distance" spelling error: their should be there
2) On page 169 "Chloe let her fingers lightly stroke though his as she continued past" spelling error: though should be through
3) On page 185 "she put her arm though" spelling error: though should be through
4) On page 223 "sewage from somewhere crept us his nostrils" spelling error: us should be up
5) On page 270 ""Fine," he concluded, "we'll just have to have to stop at three."" grammar error: one too many have to's

Breaking Sandcastles
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Rach93's review? Post a comment saying so!
Latest Review: "Breaking Sandcastles" by Kirk Burris

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”