Review of When Business Is Love

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Iota
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iota.html
Latest Review: Break up with him now by Lena Lubinka

Review of When Business Is Love

Post by Iota »

[Following is a volunteer review of "When Business Is Love" by Jan Ryde.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

When Business Is Love by Jan Ryde is a book that delves into Hastens' secrets. Hastens is a company that makes and sells luxury beds. The fifth-generation CEO of Hastens describes love as the building block of successful business. He shares different ways to produce higher outcomes rather than overworking people. He mentions the seven interviews they conduct and what they really look for. A different perspective on business and competition is given. The book mostly talks about humility, empathy, love, generosity, kindness, forgiveness, unity, etc. Further, the author emphasises the importance of asking questions. "How can I best serve the community?" is his core question. Limiting beliefs and their reframing are also covered. The book also covers the topics of visualisation, scripting, abundance, frequencies, and theta state. Finally, the author concludes by discussing how to deal with criticism and togetherness. 

I loved the book; its language gave me such positive and optimistic vibes as I went on reading. It was strange and mesmerising to read that the author claims to have memories of being in the womb. The book's author loved how accurately he defined an alpha male. I also love the example of rock to make us realise that simply being ourselves also serves a purpose. The mention of experiments on monkeys while talking about the hamster wheel was also good. It was insightful to learn that people can have just one year of experience while working for numerous years. 

This book also made me understand why some brands do not offer discounts or lower their values. The section that addresses the culture of appreciation and condemns the fetishization of suffering was also one that I really enjoyed.

There was nothing that I disliked about this wonderful book. This book convinced me that business is more about people and less about statistics.

I found no grammatical errors or spelling mistakes throughout the book. So this book was exceptionally well edited. I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars.

I recommend this book to aspiring entrepreneurs. Anyone will feel abundant and good after reading this book.

When Business Is Love
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”