Review of In It Together

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Olga Markova
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Postscript Murders
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olga-markova.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Review of In It Together

Post by Olga Markova »

[Following is a volunteer review of "In It Together" by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes is a remarkably inspirational non-fiction book. It starts with the intriguing philosophical question: “If you went to sleep in your body in your bed with your memories and awoke in my body in my bed with my memories instead of yours, would you notice a difference? Would there even be a difference to notice?” (page 9). Nine concise, well-written chapters follow, discussing a wide array of philosophical issues in search of the answer to this interesting question.

I liked how Eckhart Aurelius Hughes concisely and empathically summarized the purpose of In It Together: The Beautiful Struggle Uniting Us All: “to warm, without burning... to illuminate, without blinding... to free, without infringing... to save, without imposing.” (page 27) I think that the author has achieved this purpose. I also liked how the author addressed topical issues of human suffering, violence, suicide, and other evils, juxtaposing them with the good that we can make in our lives. The discussion about “the two Yous” (page 38) was fascinating. But most of all, I liked the final chapter, which is full of gratitude, inspiration, empathy, and encouragement for the readers.

I cannot fault any aspect of this thought-provoking guide to positive thinking. Hughes wrote this book with remarkable care for the audience. In addition, the book's editing is impeccable, as I found no errors. So, I rate it five out of five stars.

This book is about making the world a better place. The author intended it for “readers of all sorts, of all cultures, religions, and belief systems, without infringing on anyone’s spiritual freedom.” (page 24). I agree that this book caters to this wide audience, and I highly recommend it to everyone interested in emotional intelligence, introspect philosophy, self-awareness, and positive thinking.

In It Together
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”