Review by Dawnks09 -- Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Dawnks09
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dawnks09.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Review by Dawnks09 -- Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis

Post by Dawnks09 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Gringo" by Dan "Tito" Davis.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Gringo: My on the Edge as an International Fugitive by Dan “Tito” Davis is a story that focuses on the life of a particular person. The book points out several issues of the society in the present days such as drugs, poverty, and crime. The astounding true to life story of the author provides the reader some motivation and inspiration towards life. There are also a lot of new things that the reader can learn about the culture and beauty of Latin America. The amazing journey the author being a former drug lord and international fugitive is awe-inspiring.

Dan shares how he grew up in a small town in South Dakota and being a college student he was able to manage a well-endowed lavish life. His love for money eventually led to his involvement in drugs and he was sent to prison. After his release, he engaged himself again in the wrongdoing. Then he decided to search for a place to hide and start a new life. And so begin his travels throughout Latin America and his involvement again with the criminal troubles there. Dan’s life is a journey with problems to solve, lessons to learn, but most of all, wonderful experience to share with others.

The story is enjoyable and exciting to read. Every detail is clearly described and narrated. However, there are some explicit scenes that every reader should be alarmed of. I highly appreciate the importance of family in the story when his mother accepts and ready to help in any way. I like how the author believes that we are solely responsible for our choices, and we have to accept the consequences of every deed, words and thought throughout our lifetime.

The author ensures that this autobiography is an exceptional one. He successfully achieves to involve humor from the beginning to the end. The book is informative and amusing in so many ways. There also a variety of themes those were included in the story such as crime and punishment, individual and society, and courage and fear.

I rate Gringo: My on the Edge as an International Fugitive 4 out of 4 stars . When someone makes mistake, there are only three things to do about it: admit it, learn from it, and don’t repeat it. Dan shares his experience to inspire others and let them know that life is worth fighting for. I would highly recommend this book to those readers who love autobiography, crime, and thriller. Experience is the best teacher.

Gringo
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Dawnks09's review? Post a comment saying so!
emeraldlaurice012
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeraldlaurice012.html
Latest Review: Poetic Thoughts of a Young Lion in the Asphalt Jungle by Steven Ederson Sr

Post by emeraldlaurice012 »

This was a good book filled with twists and turns, and the narrative was entertaining. His life story seems like fiction, lol. Nice review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”