Review by T_stone -- Red Wave Imperative by Alan Schein

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Book Lover 35
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-lover-35.html
Latest Review: VieVie La Fontaine by Linda Heavner Gerald

Re: Review by T_stone -- Red Wave Imperative by Alan Schein

Post by Book Lover 35 »

I really wouldn't take a book to heart to tell me who to vote for. I really don't like politics much either though. I think some of the information would be interested but I would be interested more if the author was more independent. That's good that you found the book useful.
:tiphat:
T_stone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-stone.html
Latest Review: Marketing on Fleek by Kobi Ben Meir
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by T_stone »

Book Lover 35 wrote: 13 Nov 2018, 23:11 I really wouldn't take a book to heart to tell me who to vote for. I really don't like politics much either though. I think some of the information would be interested but I would be interested more if the author was more independent. That's good that you found the book useful.
Thanks for commenting.
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.

Rob White
M Zee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-m-zee.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

Post by M Zee »

I think I'll pass on an incredibly biased political book. Especially when it sounds like some of their information is factually incorrect (which isn't the same thing as being politically biased). Thanks for the review, though.
I was born with a reading list I will never finish.
kfwilson6
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Lord of Chaos
Bookshelf Size: 298
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfwilson6.html
Latest Review: The Stone Wall Crossing by Alice Schellhorn Magrane
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by kfwilson6 »

There are some aspects of this book that sound like they may be relevant for a while, but other aspects seem very targeted at today's political climate. It makes me wonder just how long this book will maintain its relevance.

A solid romance novel can carry on for generations. A political non-fiction that focuses on a particular president and election period sounds like it's relevance will die quickly.
T_stone
Currently Reading:

Post by T_stone »

M Zee wrote: 15 Nov 2018, 17:20 I think I'll pass on an incredibly biased political book. Especially when it sounds like some of their information is factually incorrect (which isn't the same thing as being politically biased). Thanks for the review, though.
Thanks for your comment. I felt the same way before choosing to review it though.
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.

Rob White
T_stone
Currently Reading:

Post by T_stone »

kfwilson6 wrote: 28 Nov 2018, 23:29 There are some aspects of this book that sound like they may be relevant for a while, but other aspects seem very targeted at today's political climate. It makes me wonder just how long this book will maintain its relevance.

A solid romance novel can carry on for generations. A political non-fiction that focuses on a particular president and election period sounds like it's relevance will die quickly.
As a matter of fact, the elections to which he wrote the for, have been done already. Thanks for your comment.

Rob White
viczboy16
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-viczboy16.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by viczboy16 »

A nice book on politics but I think the author wasn’t talking from a neutral ground, rather he was forcing readers indirectly to vote republican not minding if they are good or not
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
Michael kane
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-kane.html
Latest Review: Containment Breach by Wm. A. Yandell

Post by Michael kane »

Not a good book it only causes division
Bigwig1973
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Notes from Underground
Currently Reading: The Elements of Style
Bookshelf Size: 503
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bigwig1973.html
Latest Review: You, This Is Me...OVER?! by Clinton Beaudel Dooley

Post by Bigwig1973 »

I've read and reviewed this book and it was really interesting for me to read your perspective on this book as you are from another country. It's strange, or perhaps it seems as if it should be strange, that you see parallels between your government and the government in the U.S. It sounds like this book for you was a learning experience and that you enjoyed the book. However seemingly dogmatic the author comes across as, he still does raise some very interesting and important points. Nice review!
"...I'd discuss the holy books with the learned man...and that would be the sweetest thing of all...would it foil some vast, eternal plan..." Hamick Fiddler on the Roof

La Belle Dame Sans Mercy, Merci, Maria - Chartier, Keats, Hamik?

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”