Review by aron kipngetich -- Gringo

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
aron kipngetich
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aron-kipngetich.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Review by aron kipngetich -- Gringo

Post by aron kipngetich »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Gringo" by Dan "Tito" Davis.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

''I was born on July 10, 1953, in Pierre...'' is the opening sentence of a captivating life history of Dan Davis ''Judson Allen''. It was generally not a smooth life but it was full of ups and downs. What was driving Dan to pursue money made the story. He was trying to present himself to the world of riches but he was kicked out and lose everything he had accumulated.

He was just a mere teenager from a poor family. What describe him was his education which made him to Black Hills college. Being a guy in his teens, pleasure and greed define his character. His room mate challenged his life by making false claims that White Crosses would make him pass in his examinations. His was totally convinced for most of his classmates and friends was using it and registering good results maybe in their assignments. White Crosses was another form of textbook I can say because it was mostly sold and used in the library. Dan saw a business opportunity and Ted, his room mate, made millions selling it to the rest. It was a stimulant drug which made most of the students and other drug addicts look for it even if it means dying.

Poor Dan seem to ignore his studies and the looming profits lured him into drug dealing business. The writer just made the story to flow and clearly show the turn of events. It can not leave you in suspense for the writer gets into details by even revealing what motivated Dan to work for money. That is; abject poverty of his family and his dream love Lisa Lien, a lady from a wealthy family.

The story went on and lead us through jail terms Dan serve. I think his life was adventurous since he manage to visit almost all Latin American countries without any papers! He was kind of lucky as I can describe. He later went back to school to learn Spanish where the story confirm that he never graduated in University of Nevada (UNLV). Maybe it was his fate to finish education we don't know! He went through hardship from family's to others like jail terms but he was finally caught and jail in his country, USA.

Generally, I recommend this book to everyone who love reading memoirs of hero and heroines. The editor did a tremendous job in making sure this book is error free. It is the plain truth that I did not encountered any printing, grammatical or any sort of error that can undermine this interesting story.I hereby give 4 stars out of 4. Well developed interesting story which left me sleepless to just go through and understand.

Gringo
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like aron kipngetich's review? Post a comment saying so!
emeraldlaurice012
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeraldlaurice012.html
Latest Review: Poetic Thoughts of a Young Lion in the Asphalt Jungle by Steven Ederson Sr

Post by emeraldlaurice012 »

This was a good book filled with twists and turns, and the narrative was entertaining. His life story seems like fiction, lol. Nice review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”