Would you want to be a vampire?

Discuss the December 2016 Book of the Month, Nightlord by Garon Whited.
David Nash
Currently Reading: Slay the Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-nash.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill
Reading Device: B009XE0K7W

Re: Would you want to be a vampire?

Post by David Nash »

Not sure which way I want to go. Would like the abilities Eric displays. I haven't gotten far enough into the book to see why he can't simply exist on whole blood drained from licensed medical practitioners as was done in True Blood. With real money and power such things could be done and hidden. Immortality is not really an issue. He can be killed. He will die someday. As an older person I have lost many friends and loved ones. Over time you make new friends and find new loved ones. The changes I have seen make me want to see more. So I lean towards yes.
KTKat1377
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ktkat1377.html
Latest Review: "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited
Reading Device: B018Y229OU

Post by KTKat1377 »

Not even a little. I would miss my loved ones, I would miss eating real food, and I don't like hurting people. Maybe if I drank animal blood, like a Cullen, or if I had access to expired blood, like Vladimir Todd. Even then, I wouldn't want to be immortal.
CalliBella89
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-callibella89.html

Post by CalliBella89 »

i think it would be kind of neat other then the blood lol I've never been very good with that kind of thing. on one hand immortality would be neat cause I've always been kinda iffy bout getting old.
FMabrey
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fmabrey.html

Post by FMabrey »

I would never want to be a vampire. I don't like to see people bleeding and I like to sleep at night.
Jackie01
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jackie01.html

Post by Jackie01 »

all of the abilities that came with being a vamp would be nice but the bad outweigh the good in my opinion.
Thimble
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 6338">Iron Kissed</a>
Currently Reading: A Wise Man's Fear
Bookshelf Size: 270
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thimble.html
Latest Review: The Captain's Collie by Ace Mask
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Thimble »

I like my life the way it is now and I'm very resistant to change, so I would not actively choose to become a vampire. That would just open up a rabbit hole I don't want to go down.
"You can never leave footprints that last if you are always walking on tiptoe." - Leymah Gbowee
GraceZ123
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 55277">The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe</a>
Currently Reading: The Book Thief
Bookshelf Size: 219

Post by GraceZ123 »

Definitely not. And not just for the moral reason of not hurting others for selfish gain. Immortality in this world is not appealing to me. Think of everyone you would have to leave behind. And all the pain and suffering you would see. I think a life of normal length is good enough for me.
melindad74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melindad74.html

Post by melindad74 »

Sometimes I think it would great to be a vampire, to have that kind of freedom and ability. But at the end of the day, I am content with being with my friends and family and my beautiful granddaughter, and she is my sunshine.
Julie Ditton
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 031">Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Parts 1 & 2</a>
Currently Reading: The Bone Collection
Bookshelf Size: 792
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julie-ditton.html
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by Julie Ditton »

I can identify with the female magician. I have already had my children, and I am starting to feel the aches and pains of being a senior citizen. I am not feeble, but would rather not get there.
"Oh honestly, don't you two read?"

-Hermione Granger in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer 's Stone
by J.K. Rowling
Shaikhspear
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shaikhspear.html

Post by Shaikhspear »

YESSSSSSSSS
Sarah masad
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-masad.html

Post by Sarah masad »

No im a vegan so i wouldnt want to be sucking any blood for thst matter
tr8smith
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tr8smith.html

Post by tr8smith »

I enjoy reading about vampires. I would however never want to be one. Living off blood and living forever are not appealing to me.
Acwoolet
Favorite Author: Karen Kingsbury
Favorite Book: Gone With the Wind
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-acwoolet.html
Latest Review: Touching Time by B. W. Haggart
fav_author_id: 6216

Post by Acwoolet »

I think the magic and powers could come in handy, but I think the cons would outway the good. Plus there's always having to fight off the people who are trying to take you out.
1337gollum
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-1337gollum.html

Post by 1337gollum »

Vampirism is basically the reverse process of life. Birth is death, and more life builds from there. Being immortal would be a nightmare, it defeats the purpose of existing. As much as feeding off of the lives of humans sounds unappealing, I strongly reckon that most people would eventually become desensitized to it, just as with most other taboos. Granted, I believe there are different types and I'm not sure if all are immortal. This also depends upon the ratio of vampires and humans or even other species in the environment. Theoretically, it may be suitable for me more or less. I enjoy dark weather. I might feel odd about going about to obtain blood and/or energy and procrastinate until further sickness. If my body starts devouring itself, I guess it would be a new experience or punishment. If I had a creator, it would not be fair to me because it would be an extra burden both ways, assuming I had to keep them alive. Overall, I can't imagine it being far different from being human. It appears to be a weak existence.
royya7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-royya7.html

Post by royya7 »

I dont want to be vampire and suck blood, i'd rather be a vampire slayer and fire some silver bullets.

Return to “Discuss "Nightlord" by Garon Whited”