The "Vampire" theme

Discuss the December 2016 Book of the Month, Nightlord by Garon Whited.
SoledadCanaria
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soledadcanaria.html
Latest Review: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream by Dr Frank L Douglas

The "Vampire" theme

Post by SoledadCanaria »

One question that arises from Nightlord: Sunset is how the portrayal of vampires in the book differs from traditional representations of vampires in popular culture. Many reviewers mention that the vampires in the book are not portrayed as the typical blood-sucking demons, but rather as powerful and enigmatic beings who possess unique abilities and play a key role in the story. This raises the question of how the author's decision to depart from the traditional vampire narrative affects the overall tone and themes of the book, and whether it enhances or detracts from the story.
MnRen91
Currently Reading: Crescent City
Bookshelf Size: 30

Post by MnRen91 »

I tend to enjoy when authors portray what has historically been deemed as a "monster" as something entirely different. I think it is an amazing reflection of how things get twisted from history and facts turn to stories turn to legends. It is always a breath of fresh air to read something that paints a "monster" in a new light in my opinion.
Goody book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goody-book.html
Latest Review: Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins

Post by Goody book »

Sounds wierd but I don't understand the question. Well I love the vampire parts of thus book in fact that was the major plot and insight of the author.
Mellino Itz
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mellino-itz.html
Latest Review: Good Sexual Hygiene & Spiritual Attitude by Anthony A. Morris

Post by Mellino Itz »

I don't know much about vampires and I found how the author portrayed vampires in this book very interesting. I learnt from from, the authors view of vampires.
Micheal Ukewuihe
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-micheal-ukewuihe.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Micheal Ukewuihe »

I actually enjoyed the book mostly because of the vampire in the book so I don’t quite understand the question.

Return to “Discuss "Nightlord" by Garon Whited”