What is your favorite quote

Discuss the December 2016 Book of the Month, Nightlord by Garon Whited.
littlefrog
Currently Reading: Get on Board Little Children
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-littlefrog.html
Latest Review: "For the Love of Suzanne" by Kristi Hudecek-Ashwill
Reading Device: 1400698987

What is your favorite quote

Post by littlefrog »

Anytime I read a book I always look for a quote that is memorable, speaks to the heart so to speak. In Knightlord I took a deep breath and re-read the passage three times. The dryad is whispering to Eric on her thoughts of humans, "Thy kindnesses are of kisses, but thy hurts are of the heart. For beauty thou shalt lie and steal and take, and such I shall not endure." It just really grabbed me. How true that is. Have you found your favorite quote or passage yet?
rovet
Currently Reading: We Are the Ants
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rovet.html
Latest Review: "Pale Bricks" by K. L. Stein

Post by rovet »

Well... Mine isn't so very deep, but so far this is my favorite quote:

"Bouger has all the talent for wizarding of your typical hamburger. Without cheese."

I really do enjoy all the witty comments Eric makes :D :lol: :D
Latest Review: "Pale Bricks" by K. L. Stein
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: Lugares Amables by Lidice Megla
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

Yes, mine isn't very deep, either, but it showed Eric's fun side. This Alice in Wonderland reference made me chuckle. :)

"Where was the rabbit when I needed him to show me back to the rabbit-hole?" (Loc 4089)
Heidi
Official Reviewer Representative

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
littlefrog
Currently Reading: Get on Board Little Children
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-littlefrog.html
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by littlefrog »

I agree the humor of Eric is quite entertaining. It really helps when dealing with dark subjects. I find in my own life I always try to find the humorous side to be taken. My brothers really know how to take advantage of that and would make me laugh at the most inappropriate times, of course, I get the "shame-on-you" look and they look as innocent as angels. We really need to know how to laugh, it is the best medicine around.
Randomgold
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-randomgold.html
Latest Review: "A Kingdom Forgotten" by Charles W. McDonald Jr.

Post by Randomgold »

I'm kind of surprised nobody here went for this one yet: "To not be able to read is almost like being blind. It closes off not just a whole world of possibilities, but several worlds of possibility, impossibility, fantasy, and fiction." It's not my favorite, but it's up there.

I also like: ""I learn something new every day. Usually by falling flat on my face when I try it."

And: "I would have to be an ethical bloodsucking fiend of darkness!"

Those are probably three of my favorites right there. There's a lot more I liked as well though.
Latest Review: "A Kingdom Forgotten" by Charles W. McDonald Jr.
Jennifer Allsbrook
Favorite Book: Nightlord: Sunset
Currently Reading: An American Hedge Fund
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-allsbrook.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon

Post by Jennifer Allsbrook »

Randomgold wrote:I'm kind of surprised nobody here went for this one yet: "To not be able to read is almost like being blind. It closes off not just a whole world of possibilities, but several worlds of possibility, impossibility, fantasy, and fiction." It's not my favorite, but it's up there.

I also like: ""I learn something new every day. Usually by falling flat on my face when I try it."

And: "I would have to be an ethical bloodsucking fiend of darkness!"

Those are probably three of my favorites right there. There's a lot more I liked as well though.
I agree with you! My favorite quote is "I would have to be an ethical blood-sicking fiend of darkness."
Megwe85
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-megwe85.html
Latest Review: "Cryptic" by Conrad Luznar

Post by Megwe85 »

I haven't finished the book yet, but this is my favorite quote so far (from Eric):
"That was the purpose of my kind: to be the doorway out of life when it was time to go."
I liked that quote because it made me think of vampires in a different light.
Latest Review: "Cryptic" by Conrad Luznar
Ellie Gatillo
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 74609">The Devil and Miss Prym</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1034
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellieonline03.html
Latest Review: Quest for Closure by David B. McKinney
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Ellie Gatillo »

I loved what Hellas said when they were talking about telling their people about Eric being a Nightlord. She said, "Wonder and fear breeds suspicion and mistrust." I think it applies to normal people as well, not just nightlords or fictitious beings.
"For you, a thousand times over." - The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
James Craft
Favorite Author: Lincoln Cole
Currently Reading: Carnivore
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-james-craft.html
Latest Review: "Perdido Bay Blues" by Jacqueline Lane
fav_author_id: 26410

Post by James Craft »

ellieonline03 wrote:I loved what Hellas said when they were talking about telling their people about Eric being a Nightlord. She said, "Wonder and fear breeds suspicion and mistrust." I think it applies to normal people as well, not just nightlords or fictitious beings.
It is a great quote!
Wizard Magic
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wizard-magic.html
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann

Post by Wizard Magic »

There are many good moments in this book. Some of the conversations in the book are truly very deep and make one think a little. They force the reader to do something beyond just reading. They make them take a moment to take a moment and decipher what is being said. Then, consider whether this is true or believable. While this is all unique to everyone's preference, there was one quote I found very meaningful.

Quote: “What else is love, but to give someone else happiness when you know your own is impossible?”

I find this true for many people at times in life when you sacrifice your happiness for the sake of someone else you care about.
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann
James Craft
Favorite Author: Lincoln Cole
Currently Reading: Carnivore
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-james-craft.html
fav_author_id: 26410

Post by James Craft »

Wizard Magic wrote:There are many good moments in this book. Some of the conversations in the book are truly very deep and make one think a little. They force the reader to do something beyond just reading. They make them take a moment to take a moment and decipher what is being said. Then, consider whether this is true or believable. While this is all unique to everyone's preference, there was one quote I found very meaningful.

Quote: “What else is love, but to give someone else happiness when you know your own is impossible?”

I find this true for many people at times in life when you sacrifice your happiness for the sake of someone else you care about.

I agree that this can be true, but it is also circumstantial. It is a really good quote, though, and definitely applies to a lot of people and works really well in this book.
Anjum
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anjum.html
Latest Review: "The Elf Brief" by Jordan David

Post by Anjum »

Wizard Magic wrote: 06 Jan 2017, 13:47 There are many good moments in this book. Some of the conversations in the book are truly very deep and make one think a little. They force the reader to do something beyond just reading. They make them take a moment to take a moment and decipher what is being said. Then, consider whether this is true or believable. While this is all unique to everyone's preference, there was one quote I found very meaningful.

I agree. Sometimes we need to sacrifice our own happiness for our loved ones to be happy.
Latest Review: "The Elf Brief" by Jordan David
mamalui
Favorite Book: Trip to Adele
Currently Reading: Split Adam
Bookshelf Size: 198
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mamalui.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by mamalui »

rovet wrote: 06 Dec 2016, 00:39 Well... Mine isn't so very deep, but so far this is my favorite quote:

"Bouger has all the talent for wizarding of your typical hamburger. Without cheese."

I really do enjoy all the witty comments Eric makes :D :lol: :D
Haha me too. I just read this part and it still makes me laugh every time I remember it. :lol2:
No idea is a bad idea.

Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans.
Ray_27-7
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ray-27-7.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Ray_27-7 »

My favorite quote would have to be

"A mind needs a book like a sword need a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge. "

These words were said by Tyrion Lannister from Game of Thrones . I definitely agree with these words.
Nikita_sharma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikita-sharma.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Nikita_sharma »

SO many!

"I don't have a lot of faith in the milk of human kindness; it's generally been left out too long."

"Pessimists cannot be disappointed. Optimists cannot be pleasantly surprised."

"To not be able to read is almost like being blind. It closes off not just a whole world of possibilities, but several worlds of possibility, impossibility, fantasy, and fiction."

"The world has so much irony in it I'm surprised it doesn't rust"

To list a few!

Return to “Discuss "Nightlord" by Garon Whited”