You wake up as a vampire- do you panic or party?

Discuss the December 2016 Book of the Month, Nightlord by Garon Whited.
dosenron877
Currently Reading: Route 66
Bookshelf Size: 439
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dosenron877.html
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: You wake up as a vampire- do you panic or party?

Post by dosenron877 »

I would definitely follow Eric's example and continue the party. He did have breakfast first and he did continue to party with his attractive one night companion before starting to think about an explanation. What if his companion had the features of a troll? The question takes on another dimension. I am a fan and a veteran of the path taken by Eric. I watch for sunset and sunrise times but only as indicators of when the party should start or end.
Latest Review: "Yesterday" by Samyann
kimmyschemy06
Currently Reading: The Searching Three
Bookshelf Size: 694
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimmyschemy06.html
Latest Review: Kazi Boku by M. Poyhonen

Post by kimmyschemy06 »

I would definitely panic. What I would hate most of all was 'not knowing' what happened. It feels like being out of control of your life. And when I realized I couldn't do anything about it anymore, then, I would think of all the advantages if there are any :)
TrishaAnn92
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2595">The Messenger (2)</a>
Currently Reading: A Game of Thrones
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trishaann92.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman
Publishing Contest Votes: 20

Post by TrishaAnn92 »

I think I would go into a panicked rage. I drink on occasion (love my wine!) but never do I get drunk. After I came to terms with it, I don't know what I would do.
dhwanis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dhwanis.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by dhwanis »

At first I would panic...but then as the epicness of the situation is grasped..I would totally party! Being immortal has many advantages...the best one being I would not need to worry about the "so many books, so little time!"
Booky_BettyC
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 55482">Hex Hall</a>
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booky-bettyc.html
Latest Review: "Undead Redhead" by Jen Frankel

Post by Booky_BettyC »

I would definitely have a little freak out moment. After it was done I think I would be in party mode! Living 30 years as a normal human being and then having all of the supernatural abilities would be so awesome! Of course I would have a lot of adjusting to do but ultimately it would be a blast.
Latest Review: "Undead Redhead" by Jen Frankel
MarissaW44
Currently Reading: Shadow of the Raven (Book I of Sons of Kings trilogy)
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marissaw44.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by MarissaW44 »

I think I would be afraid at first; however, after learning to accept that I could not change it I would most likely tell my loved ones and such. I don't think I would party necessarily, who knows what could go wrong. At least I would have an excuse for being antisocial :techie-studyingbrown:
SandraTWP-BRW
Currently Reading: 1491: New Revelations of the Americas Before Columbus
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandratwp-brw.html
Latest Review: "If God Is Not for Me, Then He Must Be Against Me!" by DeShaun Johnson
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by SandraTWP-BRW »

I have a completely different answer for this simply because of reading Nightlord. Before I'd read the book, I don't know if I'd panic exactly, but I'd likely curl up in horror.

However, in this particular scenario, I'd probably be a lot more philosophical. First of all - drunk and one-night stand? Waking up as a vampire who does not have to kill people really isn't the worst possible outcome. I can think of a lot worse.

If this were me, I believe I would do a lot of quite reflection, interspersed with a lot of questions. I probably wouldn't have taken Eric's path - he really is the hero sort. I'm more of a quiet life kind of person. Now that I think of it, I might end up as one of those vampires who doesn't want to get involved in fighting the vampire hunters. :(
Latest Review: "If God Is Not for Me, Then He Must Be Against Me!" by DeShaun Johnson
Mune
Currently Reading: Revival
Bookshelf Size: 963
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mune.html
Latest Review: "The Silent Shadow" by Patrick Clarke
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Mune »

If I were to drink enough to pass out, and with someone I barely knew (never going to happen), and then woke up as a vampire, I would be more freaked about passing out drunk and sleeping with a relative stranger than being one of the undead. Personally, I have a plethora of health issues that make my body a prison for me. The idea of being a vampire, especially one with magic abilities, is not only intriguing, it is a dream come true. I am also confident that I would be much better at picking my dinner-souls than the protagonist in this book. There are a lot of scummy people in the world to feed a slew of vampires!
Latest Review: "The Silent Shadow" by Patrick Clarke
papaya12
Currently Reading: Insurgent
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-papaya12.html
Latest Review: Protostar by Braxton A. Cosby
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by papaya12 »

I think i might be really upset for a couple of hours but then I would realize that being a vampire is not really that bad and I have to deal with it for the rest of my "life" anyway so why not make the best of it?
noorsawhney
Currently Reading: The Hobbit
Bookshelf Size: 185
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noorsawhney.html
Latest Review: "Aluria" by Tyler Cook

Post by noorsawhney »

I don't drink, so I would firstly be surprised as to how I got drunk! Then I would definitely panic at realising I was a vampire; I'm a very organised person so being a vampire would be a very inconvenient thing in my scheduled life and I would have to reorganise everything to fit with my unconventional schedule. Also, figuring out how to get human blood to sustain me would definitely be a pain!
“Nolite te bastardes carborundorum"
Latest Review: "Aluria" by Tyler Cook
The Researcher
Currently Reading: Buried Threads
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-researcher.html
Latest Review: "Curve Couture" by H M Irwing

Post by The Researcher »

I think i will first search for blood to quench my undying thirst for blood. I have learned this from all the vampire books i have read so far. and then i will look for a dwelling where sun rays could not enter. ;-)
What is the most special thing I did today- I was MYSELF. Happy and in love and unapologetically myself.
Latest Review: "Curve Couture" by H M Irwing
Insomniac07
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-insomniac07.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Insomniac07 »

Imagine getting your whole life turned upside down in a single night. My initial reaction would be to panic, definitely.
Tommie H Odom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 1960">Sade Evans</a>
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tommie-h-odom.html

Post by Tommie H Odom »

Well. I really don't drink. However if I woke up as a vampire. I wouldn't know how to take it. It would frighten me so. I just couldn't deal with it. I would go into hiding and try to come up with a solution.
EmperorOfBooks
Currently Reading: the wicked will rise
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emperorofbooks.html
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes

Post by EmperorOfBooks »

I have a feeling that for the first couple of weeks, I'd definitely panic, but after that, I'd get used to living with it.
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes
Mannie913
Currently Reading: Sweep Volume 3
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mannie913.html
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by Mannie913 »

I would probably panic. Since there are so many different stories, myths, legends about what a vampire is and does, I wouldn't know what to do with myself. I definitely have a problem draining people of blood. I would rather steal from a blood bank than drink directly from a source but then I would feel bad taking that blood from someone who probably really, medically needed it. I would probably try to do an animal diet like the one the Cullens partake in, in the Twilight Series by Stephanie Meyer. I would also be concerned about having to live forever and whether that would be in the dark or could I roam the streets as a normal human. If I couldn't enjoy the sunshine on my face everyday, I would be absolutely miserable.
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks

Return to “Discuss "Nightlord" by Garon Whited”